B-26B Invader STARTED!!

STarted at last! It's become a very ambitious project so I will be working balls out to get it finished in time. Just finished sanding and re-etching ALL the panel lines......!

I also realised that the Cutting Edge 8-gun nose I got for the Monogram B-26C kit is wrong for the 13th BS "6th Chadwick" so I have done a swift sidestep and will now be building the "7th Chadwick". This involves making some custom decals.

As a sideshow I will be converting my original Revell 1/48th (6-gun) A-26B into the "6th Chadwick" to test painting and weathering finishes for the real thing.

If that's not enough, I am using the Eduard detailing sets and a Vector PW-2800 engine for a "cowling off" static scene.

The 6th Chadwick, 13th BS, 3rd BW Kunsan AB Korea 1950

6thchad2.jpg

Historical accuracy shall never be defeated!!

The 7th Chadwick, 13th BS, 3rd BW Kunsan AB Korea 1952

7thchadwarm.jpg

Will update soon!

Al

Edited by Pruz

Well, I made my first screw-up already! Followed the Cutting Edge instructions to the letter, sawed off the B-26C nose, tried to fit the CE 8-gun nose and.... yep, you guessed right?

The Eduard PE set is a blinder tho'! Will post updates soon.

This is a top GB idea and good to see a lot of variety from the guys.

Cheers,

Al.

Well, I made my first screw-up already! Followed the Cutting Edge instructions to the letter, sawed off the B-26C nose, tried to fit the CE 8-gun nose and.... yep, you guessed right?

The Eduard PE set is a blinder tho'! Will post updates soon.

This is a top GB idea and good to see a lot of variety from the guys.

Cheers,

Al.

Oh yeah- we need pictures so we can access to damage. :cheers: but really I'm sure you'll be able to fix it. :cheers: looking forward to any updates :thumbsup:

OK its confession time:

Here's the mess I made of the nose cut - in my defense it was bad lighting...:huh:

2-2.jpg

Lucky God gave us Milliput so I shouldn't have any problems fixing it!

3-2.jpg

This just gives some idea of the complex job of re-scribing this bird - fortunately there was only one other fuse half, three other wing sections, the tailplane and the engine nacelles :thumbsup:

This pic shows the great Eduard PE set for this kit. This is part of the pit interior, in the background you can just make out some of the pre-painted panel detail frets. There are also some bomb bay, wheel well and exterior detail frets.

1-2.jpg

That's the story so far - I'm off to Shanghai for a week now so hopefully see what Trumpeter goodies I can pick up!

All the best,

Al

OK I'm back from Shanghai (great trip! highly recommend it if you can make it - take an empty suitcase) and made some progress on the pit:

4-2.jpg

The detail stuff is not my work before you go nuts! It's part of the Eduard pre-painted panel set and makes a real difference, altho it looks a bit busy. I could take any suggestions for toning it down a bit - maybe a flat coat of future?

5-1.jpg

The seatbelts are also Eduard's. I guess having the luxury of these details makes me a bit lazy and I've left some of the other detail unpainted. I will get it done, honest!

6-2.jpg

That's it so far - still doing a lot of PE work on the interior, plus some superdetailing of my own. It's a slow process but I have a really good feeling about this project already.

Been snooping around the other builds on this GB - some really inspired work going on. Keep it up fellas!

All the best,

Al

Wow thats looks very good , i see you make new engraved lines but this is a hard work :huh:

This is a very laborious process. Re-scribing was a nightmare (and I only had a few slips!) it was made a bit easier by using the Hasegawa tritool template set for hatches and access panel covers. Working with about 300 photo-etched parts is also a major PITA but I hope it will all pay off in the end! (And I haven't even looked at the Vector R-2800 engine yet - again about 100 parts!)

This is a pretty complicated project and is really stretching me as a modeler.

Still, onwards and upwards as they say...!

Bloody marvelous to say the least <_< ! That is some seriously excellent work and I can't wait to see this kit progress!

Fantastic :boohoo: !

Regards,

Don

Whoa!

I think I'll give up now Raptor old boy! <_<

She's a beaut, what a finish. Where did you get the decals - did you do them yourself?

Al

No way man, your interior is looking great. I did use the Eduard interior PE and the usual finishing techniques but no PE belts. Keep going, many people have this kit but do not build it. I think the Italeri & RoG Invaders are scaled down versions of this kit, the parts breakdown looks very familiar. The decals are from Aeromaster and were re-released last year I think. I found the original sheet a couple years back.