B-26B Invader STARTED!!

...I think I'll give up now Raptor old boy...

Bite your tongue Sir :banana: ! Your interior is fantastic and I demand to see your kit built and completed... :lol:

Regards,

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Progress!

Just finished off the interior - here's a few pics before I joined the fuse halves:

7-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

9-2.jpg

And here after I finally made something that looks like it might be an airplane one day! :D

10.jpg

11-1.jpg

I might add I'm trying to build this in an outside workshop with no heating and it's getting really cold here in the frozen wastes of England (it's a positively tropical 50F now - it was 33F last week!)

Shame we can't all live in Kissimmee Florida, huh!!

Al

I might add I'm trying to build this in an outside workshop with no heating and it's getting really cold here in the frozen wastes of England (it's a positively tropical 50F now - it was 33F last week!)

Shame we can't all live in Kissimmee Florida, huh!!

Al

Ooh, that's nice!

As for the weather, try living in Scotland mate. It was so cold this morning I could lick bits and freeze them together to test the fit :cheers:

Whapping 60 degrees this morning at 5:30. The high....hang on folks....80. Might as well move here, everyone else has...

Kit is coming along great......my mustang is almost ready to paint, then the MASH whirly.....hang on radar!!!

-Jim

Ooh, that's nice!

As for the weather, try living in Scotland mate. It was so cold this morning I could lick bits and freeze them together to test the fit <_<

Sympathetic lot you guys! But if you must live north of the border what do you expect bud?! :taunt:

Well, I moved indoors yesterday and managed to complete the Vector R2800 engine. Here it is before painting (when all the finely wrought detail will probably fall off!)

engine1.jpg

I've also completed the wings and engine nacelles awaiting their coating of zinc chromate before attaching.

This build is going well and should be finished on schedule - I'll be away again in India and Jamaica for the next ten days (I really need to see some sunshine, I've forgotten what it feels like), and then there's the important matter of Manchester Utd vs Chelsea in the title decider up in Manchester*, so I'll probably be able to press on in a couple of weeks. In the meantime watch this space!

Cheers to all,

Al

(*That's the English Premiership national soccer championship to you colonial types) :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again KWGB'ers,

Well it rained all week in Madras then again for three days in Kingston Jamaica - I finally found that elusive sunshine this week in Philadelphia of all places, but it was only 40 degrees F! Friday off to Bahrain so it WILL be hot and sunny! (It better be - five days later it's Denver :blink: ) And Manchester United threw away a one-goal lead to draw with "the scum", so I'm hoping for better things this month!

Anyway - back to the topic!

I managed to make a repair job to the nose using Milliput, Creos Mr White Putty and Tamiya putty - the surrounding plastic suffered a bit as a result of all the sanding but will be fine after primer.

12-1.jpg

Now it actually looks like the intended plane - If you look real hard at the pic you can see I filed down and opened up the moulded cowl flaps and added exhaust stacks made from wire insulation.

13-1.jpg

I've also made a start on the 6-gun "The 6th Chadwick" - my old Revell 1944-vintage A-26 has been partially disassembled and masked up with a new later-model bubble type canopy, ready for painting. I'll post some pics when I get them.

Keep smiling,

Al

Hoo boy! Look what train of thought you put me on now! Maybe I'll build all the Chadwicks in 1/48. I'm sure the others were A-20 Havocs, maybe one was a B-25 hard nose. I already found this(!?!) (More info here).

The 13th has now switched to B-2s so watch this space!

Thanks Mike for the idea, and everyone for your support :D ,

Al

Hi again,

Here's the revamped Revell A-26B painted with a bit of wear and tear added and ready to become the 6th Chadwick, courtesy of Meteor Products PYN-up decals!

14-1.jpg

More soon - I've got a couple of days off and will finish at least one of these by the end of the week!

Al