All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Looking to trade two of my 1/48 wing fold sets for a 1/48 Airfix FR46/47 Seafire. A wolfpack set for a Tamiya Wildcat and a Cutting Edge set for a Hasegawa Hellcat. No damaged resin bits on these sets. In Canada. Thanks Ray
  3. Nice build! I have that kit. Looks very nice. My intent is to do F9F-8T BuNo 142448, that was used at Pax to test the MB Mk.A5 seats. Slightly nonstandard red marking, with a photo calibration line that extends from the nose to the area around the aft wing root on the LH side of the fuselage. This was also probably the bird they used for the ground level demo in September 1957. RAF pilot Sidney Hughes pulled the face curtain just as the nose wheel came unstuck.
  4. Today
  5. Appreciate the kind words and feedback! I've always been fascinated by this end of the engine. Bypass air is routed around the N1 and N2 sections and injected back into the burner area to keep the heat from melting the back end of the engine. It's also interesting that the liners for the three engines are slightly different. Flame holder is the same, but variations in the hold size and arrangement for the cooling air. The J79 engine appears to be similar at least in the burner liner with respect to color at least. In the shot below you can see the backend of the J
  6. The tied open early gun blast doors are pretty cool. This is a going to sell well in the US. John
  7. Sure! Converting dimensions between scales can be tricky, but I'm here to help! Since you're looking to sports packages cable tv convert from 1/48 scale to 1/72 scale, you'll need to reduce the measurement. In general, you can divide the 1/48 measurement by 2 to get the approximate measurement in 1/72 scale. So, .385 inches in 1/48 scale would roughly translate to .1925 inches in 1/72 scale. However, it's always a good idea to double-check with the specific kit instructions or references to ensure accuracy. Hope this helps!
  8. Update KC-130J. Engines and tanks attached to the wings. Walkways and decals applied to the fuselage.
  9. Hi Bryan, Thanks for the engine photos! I am missing these details from the Z-M kit exhaust. This is why looking for alternative for my kit. Best regards Gabor
  10. Back to the Moson Show. Some more images to illustrate all sorts of aspects of the event. That miniature Sea King was fantastic in my opinion so took another photo with my hand just to illustrate the size of the kit. The weather outside was a little bit colder this time so the “Catering corner” was not so lively as last year. That “Caspian Monster” build was fantastic with a lot of internal detail all scratch built. As it turned out on Monday this kit was justifiably a Gold winner in its class. Best regards Gabor
  11. Here are some close ups of that Annetra decal sheet for the floor of the passenger cabin in the Mi-17 helicopter. The decal has two decals with the markings. Managed to buy this set at the Moson show on last weekend. Best regards Gabor
  12. The F-86H in 1/48th is one of the few missing links we have left. I would really like to build one. But is it a subject worthy of the investment required to make a 1/48th scale kit? I have no idea. I do have the Special Hobby 1/72 kit I think I will try to get to this year. There is an article in an early 90s FSM where the author performed major surgery on a monogram F-86 to make an F-86H. I wonder if anyone ever tried it after reading that article.
  13. One should never say 'never', but it looks a way off...
  14. Hi guys I am looking for isradecal 1/32 f-16 barak decals If anybody has any spare full set or enough to make a plane happy to pay Thanks
  15. If he is going to use spray cans, he's going to have trouble locating the correct SAC colors.😕
  16. I checked the 1/72 section of AMP masks. Alas, no dice. The owner could maybe could be persuaded to do them. He did the 1/48 Norm 83 camo for my F-104G. Can’t hurt to try. Rick L.
  17. Hi all. I’m looking to buy either Speed Hunter or Caracal SC ANG F-16 Blk 52 decals. Partial sheet is fine. No stencils is fine. Looking for the Haveglass scheme. Thanks for looking!
  18. So, got the kit today. I'm going with the Kinetic block 25/42 kit as it was the only one Spruebrothers had in stock. I'm hoping to get started on it this weekend. I'm going to go mostly box stock, but with the addition of the quinta cockpit set.
  1. Load more activity