ARC Discussion Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Italeri 1/72 CH-149 Cormorant

Very Nice bro!
  3. F-35 news roundup

Scooby... I agree on The Venom and Viper.
  4. F-35 news roundup

Ahhh I think there may be an about face. Very dim but there is a save face option. They still don't commit yet they had no choice.
  5. 1:1 scale F-111 cockpit mystery

Here is another module: note the front of it which looks like it came from a real a/c while another view of the one in post#2: at the Aerospace Museum of California, McClellan Airport, has just a blank panel at the front which probably means it purpose built trainer. Jari
  6. Photobucket Fix?

Oh don't make me say it......
  7. 1:1 scale F-111 cockpit mystery

It could be an egress trainer, procedures trainer, maintenance trainer... almost anything but a flight simulator. Every program has many of these type of part-task trainers built.
  8. Well, I was able to purchase a "parts only" Hasegawa F-16D (v6 aka 6106) kit that was missing a "few" parts, relatively inexpensively. After a bit of research, I see that there are a goodly bit of parts that hasegawa includes in most family model kits that could possibly be unused. Does anyone have these parts lying around in your spares bin available? I am looking for the following parts. Sprue B B1 B2 B9 B10 Sprue D D47 Nose wheel Sprue E E1 smoke or clear canopy Sprue F F1 F9 F10 Sprue H (all) Sprue K (all)
  9. 1/72 F4U-1A VMF-115

Thanks guys. TWS. VMF-115, by 7007. I use Lifecolor acrylics, for the blues, not a lot of people like them, but I've had no issues with them. It's just a matter of preference.
  10. funny sim playlist

ANOTHER four hours later... That F-15 with 8 Phoenix missiles was hilarious. Especially with the shoot-down at 60 miles.
  11. 1/72 AH-64 APACHE

I'm pretty sure that that conversion is for an earlier Academy kit as it poorly represents the assymetrical fairings and is certainly not as good as what you get in the new Academy box and would be very hard to fit based on how the new kit is constructed. Certainly the kit instrument panels are better too but some Greek specific parts may be useful....
  12. Werner's Wings UH-1D/H Decals and Resin available now

Yes two styles. First aid kit markings and markings for the first aid kits. Floyd
  13. 1/48 CH-53E

Tank, you don't by chance wish wish to sell or trade for that CH, do you? 😂🤣 Thanks for looking!👍🏽
  14. A-6E Intruder

Great job Janne!! I love what you're doing! keep it up!!
  15. Oil Wash With Enamel?

Hello all, I know this sounds dumb but, can you use oil washes on models painted with Enamel paints? I was thinking if I let the Paint dry for a couple of days, five at most then add multiple coats of Matt cote then the oil wash wouldn't effect the paint? Could this be done? I've looked on the internet and forums for anything concerning oil and I couldn't find anything of use. I know that it sounds like a terrible idea but I really like the look of a oil wash and how much time it gives for fixing mistakes. I just wanted to make sure before I ruin the paint job on my Me-262 B-1/U-1 I'm working on. Any kind of help would be really appreciated, thanks!
  16. 1/72 AH-64 APACHE

I don't think you can do a HAF bird from the kit. Armycast M&M makes a conversion. https://www.armycast.cz/eshop/index.php?id_product=69&controller=product&id_lang=2 HTH
  17. Neptune (x2)

Thats what the customer kept the loose clear parts in. He filled the body with pennies but sadly they are loose in there. He did a nice job on the body thus far and I do not want to rip his work apart just to secure the coins. Hopefully I can get to them on Thursday.
  18. Kinetic 1/48 F/A-18A+/B/CF-188 kit?

Mine arrived last week too......Looks like this now.......
  19. 1/48 CH-53E

I could only find the Ch so I can't do the comparison of the tanks for you. I agree with Rcaffan, 1/72 kits are rare like hens teeth.
  20. Man, never saw more exciting projects than these. Can we order by tens ?
  21. Werner's Wings UH-1D/H Decals and Resin available now

No worries. Just have to cobble something together to make it work. Thanks for the great stuff for the KH kit.
  22. Yesterday
  23. Werner's Wings UH-1D/H Decals and Resin available now

If so, hope we also get the other emergency exit and other interior markings.
  24. 1/48 CH-53E

Hello I am not sure if this helps? But Metro Hobbies in Australia have the Academy MH-53E. They are usually pretty good at keeping what's on line & what's in stock accurate. But if you have doubts. I am more then happy to have a look & confirm it's there. Hope this helps? Thanks Ash
  25. F-35 news roundup

I'm curious as others have alluded to that the well is tainted regarding Boeing regardless of decision. So he's going to have to swallow pride with F-35 promises or the Boeing fight, unless they really do pursue the RAAF option. BTW give Australia a lot of credit they are going to be a mini aerial super power
  1. Load more activity