ARC Discussion Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. http://tribunist.com/news/marine-whiskey-cobra-attack-helicopter-lands-in-soccer-field-to-retrieve-lost-cell-phone/?utm_source=AFY
  3. Selling some kits to pay for some car repair bills, because of this no trades at this time. Prices do not include shipping 1/32 Tamiya F-16 Block 50 (box open, bags sealed) $95 F-4C/D (box open, bags sealed) $85 1/48 Tamiya F-16 Aggressor kit (Box open, bags sealed) I can throw in GBU's from another F-16 I built years ago. $40 PENDINGHasegawa F-18F (Box open, bags sealed) $55 Draken (Swedish Special marking) $38 (extra decals from another hasegawa kit) Kinetic Mirage IIIE (box open, bags sealed) $45 Academy T-33 with resin cockpit (box open, bags sealed) $35 Kittyhawk Su-22 (two of the fuselage pieces glued together) $40 1/48 Builder Kits: Revell Hind, panel lines rescribed, seat pieces glued, comes with canopy maskes. $25 1/48 Aftermarket stuff: Blackbox- F-102 cockpit $22 F-86D cockpit $20 PENDINGCorsair cockpit $15 I will try to ship the cheapest method possible. For the 32nd kits, please note it will take a bit longer to ship as I need to find/create boxes to ship them. They are big kits. My email: davisstudent25@gmail.com Khumar
  4. Thank you, Thadeus. Just waiting for the foot print decals so I can finish this up. No rush. I can always put everything together and add the decals when they get here.
  5. CT-133 times 2

Nice display! I have those LE decals in 72nd. How are they to work with?
  6. 2 1/48 CT-156 Harvard II (Texan)

Turned out very nicely, sir.
  7. 2 water bombers

Nice work, Shawn.
  8. 1/72 DHC-4 Caribou prototype

That's some mighty fine work. Very nice.
  9. Hmm. I see what you mean. The Skunk Models set is much better. I have their French weapon set for some of my Mirage fighters and it is awesome. Too bad that Skunk Models does mot make a separate US bomb set. Hope you get your wish. In the meantime, let me know if you need the Hasegawa Mk 82s, I have one set of six. R/ Dutch
  10. Moose Republic Decal

top of my list, perfectly printed, very fine, good adhesive and excellent istructions
  11. F-35 colors

36170 is the color you want. https://www.missionmodelsus.com/collections/us-aircraft/products/have-glass-grey-fs36170 http://mrpaint.sk/farby/lietadla/USA?product_id=375
  12. Today
  13. Kawanishi N1K2-J

Ajcmac Looking might good and completely agree Tamiya gloss black is one of the correct bases for Alclad and AK metallic finishes. It took me a while to figure out a good gloss black as I’ve had no luck with either Alclad Black Base or AK’s Black Base. I have found Tamiya Gloss Black works fantastically but tends to build up a bit thick and presente some small issues when gluing parts on. I’ve settled on Mr Color Gloss Black and it is simply the best gloss black I’ve found for natural metal finishes. If it is alright, I could post a few photos showing how well these gloss black bsses work. Keep ‘em coming👍 Peter
  14. I am looking to trade for an Academy 1/35 USMC M60A1 with Passive Armor (Kit 13240 or TA967). This is the boxing I want: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-BkAAOSwcYxZi6c8/s-l1600.jpg I know I can get one relatively cheap online, but I was hoping to trade for it with stuff from my FS/ST posting here: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/274275-kits-aftermarket-1-book-fsft/ PM me or email me direct at lengesath(AT)cox(DOT)net to discuss reasonable trades. Larry
  15. Number 7 of the year is a kit I stopped doing for 3 or so months due to a slowdown of momentum. It's finally done with a few mistakes that are all my doing. OOB with a resin seat from Wolfpack Design and decals from TwoBobs. The kit wears the markings of an F-5E from the 26th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron in the 1970s. Sharkmouths are always cool :) More pictures on my site > http://www.rocketpunch.biz/completed-afvclub-148-f5e-tiger-26tfts/
  16. Hi Dutch, thanks for the offer. The Hasegawa ones might work but the Kinetic/Skunkmodels ones are better. The Hasegawa ones have a notch instead of raised fins where the Kinetic/Skunkmodels ones have the raised fins. I already contacted LuckyModel/Kinetic/Skunkmodels and they replied that they don't offer separate sprues/parts for sale. Here is a photo of a Mk.82 Snake Eye showing the raised fins in between the main ones. Here are some images I took showing the Kinetic/Skunkmodels ones with the raised fins. Here are some images I took showing the Hasegawa and Hobbycraft ones without the fins. They just have notches instead which aren't correct for a Snake Eye. It gives a simplistic representation. They are supposed to actually have raised fins not notches.
  17. JA Nice progress and re- work on the Hellcat’s weathering. The uppers and fuselage sides look so much better in the flesh (the diner Sunday morning) as the contrast in the weathering between colors and shades is much more gradual and does flow between them. The undersides still seem to be too contrasty and a bit splotchy. The way to get around the ‘stark white’ look is not to use White White. Model Air makes a beautiful white gray and MRP plus Mr Color ( I’m sure other companies as well) offer insignia white which is a warmer white when compared to lets say Tamiya White which is stark white. I know back in WWII there were no FS numbered colors but when taking scale effect into account, insignia white looks and works much better. Keep ‘em coming👍 Bro
  18. Collin Brilliant and very realistic weathered finish. I’m not a weathering guy and my brother and I go at it all the time - best part of the hobby for us. Simply spot on and looks so good👍 Peter
  19. EWR VJ-101C-X2 1/72 VTOL fighter from A&A Models

Ken Oddball for sure but looks bery interesting and will be following with great intetest. If memory serves me correctly in the pre- Harrier days, there were all sorts of ideas and experimental designs for VTOL aircraft. Nice to see new subjects coming out rather then the same over and over again👍 Peter
  20. HB 1/48 F-14A Tomcat: Update 10/6/17: Underway

CJ Much appreciated and finally back on track Peter
  21. HB 1/48 F-14A Tomcat: Update 10/6/17: Underway

Thanks JN Much appreciated but my vote would be to build the Tamiya Tomcat - it’s lightyears ahead of the HB kit in fit and fuss. I have the Tamiya kit and surely will be building it this coming year. Now if only if someone would present us 48th scale Grumman Guys with state of the art, I surely would be a happy camper: F11F1 Tiger F9F-5 Panther F7F-3 Tigercat Peter
  22. HB 1/48 F-14A Tomcat: Update 10/6/17: Underway

Thanks Steve You’re right on the money and at least I’m moving forward again. Somehow building in sub assemblies the work doesn’t seem as much but then when it all comes together: presto - magical progress. I’ll be doing one more small update by Thanksgiving with a bunch of sub-assembly work now finished and then progress should pick with everything starting to coming together Peter
  23. HB 1/48 F-14A Tomcat: Update 10/6/17: Underway

CO Much appreviated and rolling again Petet
  24. HB 1/48 F-14A Tomcat: Update 10/6/17: Underway

Thanks Patrick Finally getting some bench time and making progress again with a small update by Thanksgiving. Peter
  25. Hello everybody, as I see you have no opinion or suggestions on this issue. Anyway, let's go, because with regard to the glass body for the lamps without a large lampshade, I have at least gotten a tip from a friend from the Paper Modelers Forum, who has found out a manufacturer of smallest glass beads in the Czech Crystal Valley, which I could perhaps contact to possibly get a handful of samples for testing. These mini beads Delica-RH / 321 11 001 (1,3 x 1,3 mm) could be a possibility with their size, and Macco-RH / 321 11 001 (1 x 1 mm) would also be interesting. Source: preciosa-ornela.com Crucial would be the inner diameter, which I have estimated from the image to 0.65 mm, which would be to check, which is why I have just asked there once. Similar mini beads (Ø 1.3 x 1.1 mm), which would fit and would also be suitable for threading the LED, I have in my stock, but unfortunately they are silvered and not transparent or red-transparent. So the matter does not seem to be hopeless. So long!
  26. Always a sucker for the oddball, I recently purchased this latest kit from Ukrainian manufacturer A&A Models... It is a kit of the German design for a VTOL fighter - the EWR VJ-101 - with four engines in swivelling wing tip nacelles backed up with two more mounted vertically behind the cockpit - making SIX in all. Moulded by Modelsvit on behalf of A&A Models the kit represents the second prototype and is neatly moulded in mid-grey plastic with fine engraved detail... Fuselage sprues. Parts for the swivelling wingtip nacelles - which can be made to work (though not in unison!) Wings and things. Boarding ladder, ejection seat and two choices of clear canopy - open or closed. Canopy masks, etched harness and decal sheet. Paint and decal guide for the second prototype - quoting Humbrol numbers. This looks to be a very nice comprehensive kit, well moulded and packaged with different display options - the inclusion of canopy masks and etched brass now appears to be the norm with these kits from the Ukraine - western manufacturers please take note! The box sides indicate that A&A will be kitting the first prototype VJ-101C-X1 - plus the VAK-191 VTOL strike aircraft I can't wait to get started........ Ken
  27. F-35 colors

OK, guys, I have been away from ARC for quite a while as life got in the way. But I'm back with a question that no one has been able to answer. The issue is the color call-outs for the 1/32 Italeri F-35. Many will agree that FS 36118 (topside F-16 standard dark gray) just isn't the right color (as per the Italeri instructions). I read somewhere that RLM 75 was a close match for the main frame, but have not been able to nail down that color sprayed on all the access panels and doors for lower RCS capability. It's driving me nuts. I tried contacting Lockheed Martin in TX, but repeated calls to their media people shoots to voicemail, while written inquiries go unanswered. Any one in this clan know the secret numbers for this panel line paint? Thanks for your help. Happy Turkey! JA
  1. Load more activity