ARC Discussion Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. martin_sam_2000

F-82 Twin Mustang

YES PLEASE!!! I have two of the B model kits that have no decals and I can't find any anywhere. A couple of options would be great. The kit sucks but I am sure people have them in the stash and would buy decent decals if they were available. Sean
  3. Charlie D.

F-82 Twin Mustang

I have two in the stash. I heard someone who built one compare it to an older classic airframes or Mach 2 kit when building it.
  4. KursadA

F-82 Twin Mustang

Folks, is the Modelcraft 1/48 Twin Mustang kit really the terrible kit that it is said to be? Do you think I should be doing any decals for it? I am asking because the US buzz number digits on these aircraft are the same pattern that was used on Korean War-era F-86's. Since I am drawing these digits anyway (there is no font that is even close), I might as well reuse them on an F-82 sheet at some point. Any ideas?
  5. Giovanni

F-101b Vodoo Revell 1/72

Hi, thank You Mstor and Stevehnz, happy you appreciate my efforts! Dear Joel thank you for supporting me in this delicate moment. I'm still not 100% and this doesn't help. I hate myself because I never give up even in front of a nightmare as these air intakes are. In reality I tried first with an air intake and seen the idea of adding some plasticard between the two halves of the duct worked well to eliminate the gaps. Now I'm proceeding with the second air intake. To scratch the splitter plates from a sheet of plasticard wouldn't be easy but I think I can do it with some patience. I feel optimistic today. The result I gained is helping me to go on. In the end if I can not produce two decent splitter plates well then the covers will arrive! So I want to try first. ok, now what I've done was to use a square rod of 1mm - 0,040" in the way you can see in the picture below: Then I tapered the aft part to respect the round shape where the duct meets the engine first stage: After some refinements the result is more then acceptable according to me. The gap is almost vanished: See You soon for more updates! Giovanni
  6. 11bee

AH-6J/M color doubt

I don't know... saw this "art" on Kitty Hawk's FB page. Maybe they know something we don't? Kidding, of course not. To paraphrase Henry Ford, you can paint your Littlebird in any color you want, as long as it's black.
  7. Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

AH-6J/M color doubt

That’s what I did and I love my results Floyd
  8. Today
  9. KSL

1/72 Yak-9T and Yak-9D CAD design

Leipnik's drawings are far from perfect, contact me at vector_sk@mail.ru Sergey.
  10. niart17

New compressor recommendations

Does HF have a silent compressor available? That's awfully cheap for a quiet compressor. Bill
  11. Jonathan_Lotton

1/48 F-16D Block 50+ ..... which kit?

Keep in mind the Hasegawa F-16D+ is a vanilla F-16D cockpit..If you're doing open pit at all you'll need to either go aftermarket or scratch it
  12. Drifterdon

August releases

Hey Kursad. If the funds permit it, a reprint of your 1/48 F-102 decal would be welcome. Kinda round out the Century series in your decal lineup. I believe this was the only sheet you did of the Deuce. Maybe a future idea for some earlier ADC birds. CD 48013: Air National Guard F-102 Delta Dagger.
  13. I am looking for a 1/48 F-16D Block 50+ kit. I would prefer the spine as well as the CFTs to be in the box. Also will need the parabrake. What are my options? Hasegawa's boxing fits my bill perfectly: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10112456 I am also eyeing the Kinetic kit. But, from what I can tell, Kinetic has no Block 50+ option in a single box. Everything I found with Kinetic is Block 52+, and these boxings do not have the wide mouth and GE engines (like this: https://www.super-hobby.com/products/F-16D-Hawk-Block-52-HAF-Poland-AF.html) thank you.
  14. oppenheimerj

AH-6J/M color doubt

Thanks for your answers, on my model I will go for NATO black as the base color for faded black, and from there I will use different shades ok black jorge
  15. KursadA

Maybe it's Time for some Hawkeyes...

I am definitely sold and will do a Hawkeye sheet, at least in 1/72 initially. I have a lot of stuff in the pipeline, so I doubt I could get started before next year though. These are great suggestions and I already put them in my research file.
  16. john53

F/A-18C Blue Angels

It's blue. Tamiya TS-15.---John
  17. Kurt H.

Revell F-86 "The Huff"

I was away on a business trip for a week. I picked this model up this morning and it is still ever so tacky. It is summer in Northern VA so that means high humidity. I do not foresee finishing in time, but it was fun to try. I will keep pushing, but with two weeks left I do not feel optimistic.
  18. Orion Field

1/72 Yak-9T and Yak-9D CAD design

I wouldn't say they were incorrect as much as they were distorted. Which we fixed, since we knew the exact measurements of the aircraft, so we "un-distorted" the drawing to match the dimensions. Here's the latest update:
  19. Fishwelding

A Warning to Moai Vincent

Next time I think of you - or anything else - I'll make sure I'm NOT in Philadelphia.
  20. yes, was thinking the same, maybe based on KH UH-60L, and take eduard UH-60A PE to help for the backdate, if the alpha IP is not inside the box...all difficult to say so long we do not have the kit in hands.
  21. HeavyArty

AH-6J/M color doubt

I have heard that too, but every 160th MH-60 and AH/MH-6 I have seen in person is flat black with no green tint to it at all. I still say they are flat black.
  22. As Norbert says, the Academy kit is not perfect, but with some work, it can come out looking great. The worst areas that you have to live with (short of major work) are the too blunt nose and the HIRSS that are at the wrong angle. With some PE and some elbow grease, it can come out looking great. It definitely looks like a Black Hawk when done and only those who really know about them can tell what is slightly off. Depending on how the KH one builds up, you may still be able to backdate it though. I would wait to see what it is like when it comes out.
  23. philo426

AMT 57 Ford Faurlane 500

24. No, it is not correct, and the HIRSS is totaly wrong. Out of that, many of us build it.
  25. Chris D

Maybe it's Time for some Hawkeyes...

Scoobs, If your friend knows which Hawkeye from VAW-125 was the actual mission bird vectoring the Hornets for their kills, that would be some great understanding. It's my understanding that 600 was not the mission aircraft but got the kill markings as the COs aircraft. Either way, those are markings I'd be in for. Chris
  26. Hi, thanks for the response. I guess the new KH kit will be more detailed, but to backdate it to 1990-era will be a pain in the ... Is the Academy correct shape-wise ? So Academy kit + Eduard PE + Cutting Edge detail sets ? Thanks
  27. Petarvu

Kitty Hawk 1:48 Su-34

Problem is,it turned out ECMpods themselves are incorrect....so no deal breaker.
  1. Load more activity