ARC Discussion Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Released ! http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=BC-48002 Who cares about the AMK Tomcat or the GWH Su-35 ? Next the 1/48th Mars Models MiG-9 "Fargo" and the Bobcat Model Il-28 "Beagle"... V.P.
  3. I recently bought this kit and it is missing the canopy and decal sheet. If you have either if these items (or both) please let me know. I’d even take ANY ‘F’ decals you may have as I have none in the spares. Thank you! Later, Lee
  4. I recently got this kit #SP172 and it’s missing the canopy (parts K2 and K3) and the prop spinner (part A9). If you have these pieces please let me know. Thank you! Later, Lee
  5. F-4D 65-0608

Very nice work so far.
  6. Today
  7. Dragon 1/35th UH-1 rivets

The only redeeming thing about the Dragon kit (aside from it's the only D/H in large scale) is the PE. I really wish Dragon would sell those belts separately. With regard to rivets, gotta have them on a large scale Huey, they are part of what makes the Huey so cool (IMO). Unfortunately, Dragon just took a 48th scale model and grossly upsized everything.
  8. From Airfix: new tool 1/48 Hawker Hunter for 2018!

Great! I can then finally get rid of my Academy one that has been languishing on the shelf of doom for a VERY long time. Really looking forward to this,
  9. #11 blades

That's great info. My XActo blades are a joke. Even if I don't use them they loose their sharpness. I'll be looking into these.
  10. My 2017 Production

I found a pic I took back in the day. Does the canopy have SrA Myles’ name on it? He worked form me, really sharpe guy.
  11. 1/48 Zoukei Mura F-4C and F-4D

Yes, but Uwe continues with his tireless and obsessive beating of this dead horse. Seems he's found his special purpose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymucqmjJs20 Gene K
  12. I have a few items in various scales FS/FT. Located in Massachusetts. Shipping not included. via USPS. Boxes have some shelf wear but are otherwise complete. 1/144 Roden C-141B - $25 1/72 Hasegawa F-15 (older F-15 parts missing, extras included to build modern F-15E, plastic late wheels, LAU-128 Rails, Wolfpack CFTs, Modern Hobby Ejection Seats, Sniper and Nav Pods, Daco decals) - $30 1/32 Tamiya F-4C/D Builders kit w/Aires exhausts and Techmod F-4D Decals. Kit was started when it arrived, work is done on the small fuselage parts, wing center section, drop tanks and a few instrument panel parts (painted grey). The intake and exhaust parts were removed in prep for better painting. Fuselage has not been joined to wing, still plenty of work to be done. All airframe parts bagged and accounted for, no weapons. -$60 (I can send pics if you're interested) 1/48 Goffy S-3 Bomb/Wheel Bay Detail Set - $40 obo Looking for any of these: 1/48 Hasegawa A-4N 1/48 Hasegawa TA-4 1/48 Kinetic F/A-18A+/B / CF-188 1/48 CAM 48-089 S-3B VS-41 decals Thanks for looking Peter
  13. 1:72 KP Models MiG-21MF Libya

The new 1:72 MiG-21MF kit from KP Models which is a modified tooling of the original RV kit, with a few additions like a weapon load of AA-2, AA-8 air to air missiles and S-24 air to ground rockets and done away with the photo etch parts of the original RV kit. Build wise no real issues apart with me getting the main undercarriage a bit crooked, so the aircraft had a lean to one side, so had to break one leg off to reattach it. Basic scheme is from when the aircraft was operated by Egypt. Colours used are Model Master 2053 sand and Model Master 2054 brown on the upperside and Model Master 2038 grey on the underside. Decals are from DP Casper and went on without any issues. Decal sheet For those who don't want to look at the facebook link, the in progress photos are now also available in a Youtube video. Build Progress Photos Build Progress Video MiG-21MF-54 by Ryan Hothersall, on Flickr MiG-21MF-55 by Ryan Hothersall, on Flickr MiG-21MF-56 by Ryan Hothersall, on Flickr MiG-21MF-57 by Ryan Hothersall, on Flickr MiG-21MF-58 by Ryan Hothersall, on Flickr
  14. Dragon 1/35th UH-1 rivets

Wow Charlie, sorry to here about that. She looked good!
  15. F-35 news roundup

I guess Rafale botched some of their entry paperwork as well, so it's not looking too hot for them
  16. 1/48 Zoukei Mura F-4C and F-4D

better be thinking $1200 and hour at .040" an hour at best glt
  17. 1/48 Zoukei Mura F-4C and F-4D

Would be interested in hearing about the shape issues on the Academy birds. I know of the following: -AC scopes -elevators -skinny nose -angle of nose to ground -bulges on the wings of the Navy birds Intakes do not count in my book since the Hase ones are just as bad...I used XMM ones and am very happy. The next question then is...what is easily fixable and what not? thanks Uwe
  18. 1/48 Zoukei Mura F-4C and F-4D

It’s so hard to notice it isn’t even worth the effort to fix IMHO. The ZM kit when built is a gem. The Academy kit is full of shape errors, I’d prefer the Hasegawa kit any day over the Academy kits. I have Academy #3 for 1/48 Phantom kits.
  19. Hello everybody, and so once more back to the photo of the Columbia with the AFTC silver strips in the collection of George Gassaway (without mission number), which after intensive research I can assign meanwhile, which is always important to me, and here with the right source. Source: spacefacts.de After I firstly have scoured through the NASA Media Archive and then the website of Capcomespace in the 3rd attempt at Spacefacts, I finally have found out that it deals with the STS-50 (1992). And through this search, I now know that these silver foil insulation strips on the AFTCs were used at least until STS-85 (1997) and disappeared only later. Source: spacefacts.de On this photo of the STS-89 (1998) one can recognize even at Hi-Res. no more silver strips with security, I imagine at least with my meanwhile trained silver-strip-eye. Source: mediaarchive.ksc.nasa.gov On the other hand, I think that in this photo of the STS-99 (2000), one can easily see at Hi-Res. that there were no silver strips, what then also remained until the end of the Space Shuttle program with STS-135 (2011). Source: mediaarchive.ksc.nasa.gov From the intervening seven missions STS-90, STS-91, STS-95, STS-88, STS-96, STS-93 and STS-103 I could not find any reliable photos unfortunately until now, whereby one should not be wondered about the unsystematic numbering of the missions. If any of you find usable photos of it, please let me know. Now that's enough of the long AFTC searches, i.e. one photo I still want to show finally, namely this one here, Source: Library of Congress (HAER No. TX-116-K-21) with an interesting view at the inside of this ring-shaped hollow flexible flame curtain (George Gassaway), and here once more a larger view.
  20. F-4J 155858

It have only one antenna on top...
  21. 1/48 Zoukei Mura F-4C and F-4D

Yes, thats true...but the faults on the other kits are in locations where they can be fixed...like the AC scopes on the Academy bird and even the slightly skinny nose...not to mention the wrong elevators that are a piece of cake to fix or just to replace. The fuselage issue on ZM is very, very hard to fix. it would require a whole set of panels to be exchanged in the middle of the fuselage. By puttying such a section in, if it existed, you would loose all details in the sanding process. It's like trying to cut the wheel buldges out of the wings to get a -B wing...doable but really not worth the effort! That and the fact that the price is really high just make it a 2nd class product. I have a -S, it's very nice on details, but going fwd I rather beef up Academy birds with AM parts... This is my opinion, I know others disagree and some are even up to the heels in ZM's back side...interesting wise the German forums have a lot of folks who think like me. I am looking fwd to the first guy daring the operation to get rid of the fat fool...;-)
  22. Yeah... I'm just grumpy that I'm losing another week of modeling when (for once) I'm actually having free time to spare.
  23. Sorry to hear about that. Agreed, they probably would pull an airbrush out but at least you know they have the adapters or can get them if they don't turn up. At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
  24. Yesterday
  25. Stopped by JacHobby late this afternoon to see about getting the adapter, and despite much of the store having been unpacked, not all of it was... and the airbrush supplies were among what was still in boxes. They told me to come back next week. Thanks, that's ever so helpful. I'm betting if I'd said I was looking to buy an entire airbrush they would have been pretty quick to find those boxes and get them open.
  26. Space Shuttle Discovery STS-41D

So finally I'm getting back to working on Discovery now. Only after a year and a half of a hiatus, right? Not only did I start a new job and had to go through vigorous training, I managed to rupture my ACL in my right knee. It has only been recently that I've been up and going again. And since I have been off of work for the past few months, I've been able to get things done and back to working on my model projects again. So here we are. The wings of Discovery are attached and the engine bulkhead has been glued and filled in with putty to cover the gaps. I also cut the access molding off of the main engines and OMS thrusters. They all have excellent detail in them. What a big difference between the Revell molds and the New Ware kits. They look really impressive.
  27. Isn't math great? :) I figured not too many people would know the Schwalg. It's a shame, it was a fun kit; a bit of work, but nothing that wasn't worthwhile! Thanks for the compliment!
  28. F-35 news roundup

Another nation to be joining the JSF jamboree? Looks promising. https://money.usnews.com/investing/news/articles/2018-01-19/us-approves-possible-sale-of-f-35-jets-to-belgium-for-65-billion
  1. Load more activity