ARC Discussion Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. KursadA

CD48140 & CD48141 - 1/48 F-35A & F-35B

Excellent new shot here that clarifies the geometry of the new style Norwegian digits.
  3. Major Walt

Monogram/Koster P4Y-2 Privateer

Thatโ€™s awesome!!! Great figure as well! Redoak does some fine ones!
  4. dehowie

SU-34 nose replacements by QuickBoost

Cold war studios nose is nice as is the tail mod and grills. Looking at the difference though i think ill just keep it as a master and reshape the kit nose. Difference is pretty subtle should be easy to fix..
  5. Well, after seeing all the hoopla over the new KH Huey, I decided to jump in the water by building the white Flatiron bird from Ft. Rucker. I think the white Huey is cool looking, so I decided to build it. Here she is: Pic courtesy on Ray. Here's not much of a beginning. The Werner Wings bulkheads are tricky to get squared up. I also started modifying the pilot's seats as the Flatiron birds did not have the armor wings on the seats. That's all for now! Tim
  6. Scooby

Question about ACMI pod

The three probes triangulate aircraft position in the three dimensions and this data is then transmitted to the ground information systems. ACMI is the name for the first generation pods. New technology brought about the new name, they really both do the same job. They transmit telemetry. As for the serial numbers, youโ€™d need to find a picture of a serial number (as you have), to determine if the serial is legit. When I installed a pod I wrote the number down. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  7. John B

Decals for the Tamiya F-14A OOB

Slightly off the OP request, but if someone were to do the original markings for VF-213 circa 1976-78 https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8404/8702015179_8066d66e70_b.jpg and VF-211 from the same period AND have them sized for the Tamiya F-14A kit, then they could be applied to the existing kit without any mods. The trouble is that even though Microscale/Superscale did these markings over 3 decades ago, who knows if they even come close to fitting key areas like the ventral fins, the rudders, and canopy rails of the Tamiya kit? If someone produced them to fit the Tamiya kit, I'd definitely down for them!
  8. Trojan Thunder

Revell 1/144 AN-124

Another lovely build from The MadHatter studios. I didn't know you could get these marking for it. Pitty I got rid of my An124 kit years ago.
  9. Mstor

SU-34 nose replacements by QuickBoost

That is if they don't change the release date again ๐Ÿ™
  10. Flyboy3394

Trumpeter 1/72 SU-33 Flanker D

Tonight was less productive: I did get the intake sections built: I managed to get the seatbelts on there, man was that a pain. Still have the lower ones to install and a myriad of other PE bits. Really tough to work with in this scale. All my time was devoted to the PE so very little other progress was made.... Till next time.
  11. https://www.ebay.com/sch/jbherri2/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1 Thanks for looking - I ship free to the lower 48. Others, please ask. :)
  12. niart17

Bought a Printer!

Good deal. When I get a chance at my desktop at home I'll download and try them out. Hopefully they'll work out. I'll let you know soon as I can. And yeah, .stl files are what I need . Bill
  13. seawinder

Question about ACMI pod

So the various photos I've been seeing of what I thought were ACMI pods are actually TCTS pods? They certainly look very similar. ...Edit ... Well, after reading through some other threads (should have done that in the first place I guess), I see that ACMI is sort of the generic term for a whole bunch of data-gathering/sending pods including the TCTS. Another question: Can you explain the serial numbers? The two photos I've got show serial numbers starting with the letter P and ending with the letter A (P50486A and P51479A to be exact). The decals that came with the Hasegawa ACMI pod (what I'm using, modified with styrene rod for the datalink antennas) have serials starting with SN. If I want to be accurate, should I make some PxxxxxA decals?
  14. Bravosierra001

Eduard 1:72 MiG-21MF 'Fishbed-J'

Love the weathered finish on this build Seb! Very nice. Brandon
  15. Bravosierra001

1/48 Hasegawa F/A-18D VMFA (AW)-225 Vikings

Like it very much! Brandon
  16. Very nice looking build! Very nice to look at. Brandon
  17. Bravosierra001

Revell 1/144 AN-124

Very Nice!!! Brandon
  18. Bravosierra001

1/48 MiG-15

As someone on here once said "NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Not sure who it was... But I kinda feel the same way about this build and camo scheme! Brandon
  19. GW8345

Super 86 Sabre decals

Actually, that's what it was called by Boeing and folks at Pax. This plane was a Charlie Foxtrot, it could not hover unless you took off three feet of the intake lip. As far as smart people at Boeing, not in their fighter department, hell, they canted the pylons on the Super Hornet just because one weapon (CBU's) loaded on CVER's on the inboard stations would hit the side of the bird, so they canted all six pylon for just one weapon. BTW, I was at Pax River when they were doing the fly off between the X-32 and X-35, use to watch both taxi past my shop (VX-23 Ord) and let me tell you, the X-32 is even fuglier in person.๐Ÿ˜€
  20. Fighting Eighty-Four

Free image hosting at Photobucket appears to be back

While I will never again use PB again to host photos, it is nice to see pics in old threads again. I hope it stays that way...
  21. picknpluck

1/72 RA-5 Vigilante Kits.

The Trumpeter kit goes together nicely. You just need to reshape the top of the vertical tail. It builds into a later RA-5C with LEXs and modified intake shapes (156XXX BuNos). The Revell kit builds into the earlier RA-5C. Here's mine:
  22. torchf4

Fightertown Decals and the Tamiya Tomcat...

Would FTD48-075 fit the tamiya F-14A kit after it's re-issued? Really wanna do a low vis VF-1 bird like those seen in Top Gun. But I think those are overall LGG with dark gray markings I think but still a TPS wolf would be nice! Andy
  23. habu2

Super 86 Sabre decals

Monica? Is that you ???
  24. Paring down the stash a bit and looking for some other stuff. Sales and trades are limited to Canada/USA ONLY sorry. All prices in $US and INCLUDE SHIPPING Payment by PayPal, cash or for Canadian's Interac Email transfer. The list 1/72 kits. Airfix B-25C/D $25 Gr.7a/9a Harrier $20 P-51D $10 Hasegawa EA-18G X 2 $25 each or both for $40 Academy F-14A $15 F-8E (bagged) VF-162 $20 F-18A+ VMFA-232 $20 CF-188A (Canuck/Modelcraft) $20 1/48 kits Airfix P-51D $25 Sea-Fury $30 (no molding flaws) F.8 Meteor $30 Lightning F.6 $40 Tamiya F-15C $20 Monogram F-102 (yellow border boxing) $20 1/32 kits Tamiya P-51D/K $120 Hasegawa Ki-84 $45 Hasegawa Ju-87G Kanenvogel $45 Trumpeter F4F-4 $40 Special Hobby F2A-2 "Yellow wing" $50 What I'm looking for. 1/48 Tamiya F-14A 1/48 Has. TA-4J. F-18F 1/48 Tamiya F-16C/N Thanks Don
  1. Load more activity