ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

Anyone working on a KH 1/35 MH-60L correction set?

We didn’t miss it. They didn’t include it for some reason Floyd
  3. Clinstone

1/35 KH MH-60L "Super 63"

Mike Durant (and his character in Blackhawk Down) used an MP5 as well. It is small enough to use while in the cabin and doesn't take up too much space.
  4. weirich1

F-4J VF-143 Taproom 102

The business surface: I stole bombs, TERs, MER, ECM from the Tamiya JASDF F-4EJ kit. Glad I used Camo Gray FS36622 on the tanks and weapons mounts to break up all that white.
  5. Stefan buysse

Top cover Spitfire

Hi, Invasion stripes being painted! Spitfire invasion stripes by StefanBuysse, on Flickr Respect for the guys who got these done practically overnight 75 years ago. After I had carefully cut out a 4mm wide strip of masking tape, I remembered I had 4mm Tamiya tape. I thought that was going to make it easier. Cutting out the strips myself, I feared they could be of slightly varying width. I checked the Tamiya tape with my ruler (it was indeed 4mm) and applied the outer strips. I could immediately see that the black stripes were going to be very narrow if I put in another 4mm masking strip for the white stripe in the middle. I'll look at what can be done. I figure that even a small error becomes quite visble. Cheers, Stefan.
  6. CaptainObvious

1/144 Zvezda Il-76MD RA-78796

Very nice finish Mario. Masking those canopy frames must've been a nightmare at this scale. -co
  7. Today
  8. CaptainObvious

Sopwith Camel Le Rhone C1555 "Suds" (WNW, 1/32)

She looks great! Good job Markus. -co
  9. L-GREECO

Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Not at all! As you wish. If you change your mind, let me know. I'm sure there's no too much work to remake that supports.
  10. CaptainObvious

1/48 Finemolds Tie Fighter

Thanks Erik!
  11. LooseSeal

Yeah.. a pretty fiddly scratchbuild too, but a prominent enough feature to merit it! Seems strange they missed it.
  12. Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

Really? Hadn’t got there yet so that sucks Floyd
  13. Whiskey

1/72 AMK Kfir C2/C7 converted Cheetah C

Sweet, I like the Cheetah.
  14. Rotorman

Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

i am gonna leave it like that, I made a mistake .Thanks again for the photos.
  15. LooseSeal

I think people also call it the 'towel bar' antenna, the long one running along the tail. I thought maybe it was intentional, but I've seen a photo of Super 64 with it, so maybe an oversight?
  16. Thanks Mike for this helpful comment, I fully agree with you and did plan to myself to do this way. At this point a special thanks to you, Mike, because I have seen with astonishment, that you did re-store your awesome Revell STS-133 Thread by re-inserting all lost images. That's a great thing, there you have also very nicely scratched some special details of this ET/Orbiter Interface like the Umbilical Assemblies, where I can get a lot of helpful suggestions.
  17. MoFo

Thinning Body Filler / Putty?

Are you asking about the two-part polyester fillers (like Bondo), or one-part spot glazing putties, like 3M Acryl Green? If it's the one-part putties, they're functionally the same as standard model putty, so they can be thinned with hardware store lacquer thinner or acetone. If it's two-part polyester filler, apparently you can use acetone to thin them, though I'd be very careful and experiment first, as it would be easy to throw the chemistry way off. Also, I'm not sure I'd want to use it on standard polyurethane model resin, as it tends to cure quite hard, so you could have problems sanding the filler out.
  18. Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

Not sure which antenna you’re talking about Floyd
  19. Any of you used hardware store / auto store Body Filler as putty/filler for your models? I mean the type that comes in a can. If so, what do use to thin it with? I have at my disposal, Turpentine, Paint Thinner and Methanol. Also, if I use the hardware store / auto store Body Filler on resin kits ( to fill those annoying little holes & dents that resin kits sometimes have), will there be any affects in the resin?
  20. I haven't been there before and was thinking of going next month. Coming from S/E Ohio so about a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive. Main draw for me is the A-10's based there and the demo they are to do. Anyone have any insight on it good or bad? Mike
  21. Ranger_Chris61

1/48 Tamiya M1A2 Abrams Review/Preview

Sticking with armor this week, and going to be taking a look at Tamiya's 1/48th scale M1A2 Abrams kit.
  1. Load more activity