1/48 Monogram Mosquito NF Mk.II

I have been jonesing to build this kit for a while, and this seems like a good excuse to. No AM aside from a set of Aeromaster 48-425, a NF Mk.II (but it shows no radar antenna, which makes me wonder if its a FB Mk.VI) which preformed night intruder missions in Sicily and Southern Italy in '43. Standard RAF green and medium sea gray, but with night undersides and nice red call letters and spinners.

First thing out of the box, I had to do one of the most nerve wracking things (to me at least) that one could do to a perfectly fine model: take a blade to it and cut it up. For those that don't know, the Monogram Mosquito comes as a B Mk.IV, so if you want to do any other mark, you have to cut the bomber nose off. A nice clear line is provided for you to cut, but it still made me nervous. You also have to cut the front portion off the flight deck.

CAM01302_zps7nit2aw4.jpg

CAM01303_zps9xvyguz1.jpg

CAM01304_zpsb48idopj.jpg

Well that went better than expected. Now to ponder how to dress up the super sparse cockpit a little bit.

Edited by ajd3530