Ethiopian Mig-21R's Help

Hello fellow Mig hounds,

Wanting to know if confirmed, did the Ethiopian Mig-21R's/Eritrean ER-101 (Fishbed H) recon models have the R-11F2-300 engine in service as in the PFM's or the R13 retro fit engine as found in the Mig-21MF model?

Some countries did change the engine after 1970 on the Recon models to the later engine in the R and M. Wanting to know to either purchase the plain internal walled PFM 1/48 exhaust from Eduard or the 1/48 R13 MF exhaust with the internal engine ribbing for the Eduard R model kit I have. Help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Unless you're planning to shove a penlight up there, you can't tell one from the other when the kit is finished. I wouldn't sweat it too much. And beyond that, I doubt there's any way to know for certain what the EAF did. It's not like you're going to be able to go to their web site and download their Fishbed fact sheet.

Unless you're planning to shove a penlight up there, you can't tell one from the other when the kit is finished. I wouldn't sweat it too much. And beyond that, I doubt there's any way to know for certain what the EAF did. It's not like you're going to be able to go to their web site and download their Fishbed fact sheet.

Yes you are probably right, Eduard have done the PFM tailpipe so I think I'll stick with that. Cheers