The thread reviewing the Kinetic Su-33 is quite long so please forgive me if this question was asked and I missed it, but with the rave reviews of this kit make it almost an unspoken desire for them to do earlier variants starting with the Su-27, since Academys' offering has left something to be desired. I'm aware that the original design and mold weren't done by Kinetic, but by Aviation Art models' is it possible for another collaboration between the two to come out with the other earlier variants, something akin to what GWH is doing with the Eagles?. Hasegawa had the lead with F-15's and now GWH has become the standard ; although the Revell Strike Eagle has a firm hold on that variant with the quality and price being very desirable, and AMK seems to be on track to take the Tomcat lead.

I think it's a good question. I wonder if Kinetic purchased the CAD files as well as the moulds? If so then I would hope they could alter the CAD files (I know that's a lot of work) to churn out a vanilla su27. I have been studying the hobbyboss j11b release and I think it's not bad.

I think it's a good question. I wonder if Kinetic purchased the CAD files as well as the moulds?

I think Raymond will be ok with me saying this - but yes. Kinetic has the tooling and the CAD files. Generally speaking Su-33 CAD are practically useless if one wants to do any other Flanker.