CD48059 - B-58 Hustler

CD48059 will be a very comprehensive set for the Monogram 1/48 B-58 Hustler. I love the B-58, and it is time it is featured in a Caracal sheet. Currently nearing completion, I will post more information as I make progress. Coming in early March if everything goes according to plan.

Edited by KursadA

Very cool! I'm tired of trying to find a Fox One sheet for a reasonable price.

Now I'll sit back and watch eBay get flooded with sheets as this announcement makes it around the community...too late I'm buying from Kursad!

Edited by 82Whitey51

Very cool! I'm tired of trying to find a Fox One sheet for a reasonable price.

I know; having shelled out $90+ last week to get my own copy for competitive analysis. There will be very little overlap between the two sets though; there has been some excellent material published over the last ten years and I want the sheet to be very different from what is already out there.

Sign me up for a sheet right now. I am in the process of building a Hustler for a local museum here in Ft. Worth. Quick question on the sheet, will it contain any Carswell based B-58's?

Dave Fassett

Wow, interesting choice of subject Kursad. You never cease to amaze me with what you pick for subjects.

Now I am torn though. I have the Fox One sheet as well as the Mike Grant sheet. I only have one Monogram kit which I figure is enough, that plus my display case cannot even fit this kit. I guess I will wait and see what you pick for subjects before I decide to purge my decal sets.

Thanks again

It looks like the 1/72 Italeri kit is readily available, so I will release this in 1/72 as well. Was this kit re-released relatively recently? I was surprised that it is easily available, I thought it was a somewhat rare kit.

It looks like the 1/72 Italeri kit is readily available, so I will release this in 1/72 as well. Was this kit re-released relatively recently? I was surprised that it is easily available, I thought it was a somewhat rare kit.

Yes it was. About a year ago i would say? Maybe a bit more.

I have finally cleared the shipping backlog for last month's orders, and got back to working on this sheet and other March releases. Now that the weather is a bit warmer, I plan to trek to San Antonio to take some photos of the B-58 displayed there. There are hardly any original markings or paint left on it, but I want to see a B-58 up close for the first time, and take some photos to confirm some dimensions.

I know your research is extensive, but if you are not familiar with the site at Jet Pilot Overseas you should take a look, google it and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click onto the B-58 section. Some really nice detail shots and lots of named aircraft. My guess is that you already utilize this site, but if not than…. Looking forward to this sheet and of course more decals!

Thanks - I already used the photos from Jet Pilot Overseas in several projects, and have downloaded all of their B-58 photos when I started this project back in October. The relatively recently released Lockheed-Martin photo collection at the University of North Texas has many excellent photos, too.

Edited by KursadA

Don't forget the Galveston Flight Museum bird. It's a bit rough but it might be helpful. I have a few photos from Wright-Pat if you want them.

It hasn't been in Galveston for several years . Not long after the hurricane the USAF took the Hustler back and put it on display at Little Rock AFB, Arkansas.