F/A-18D Hornet, Kuwaiti AF

Alright, another sneak build :P

This was however built at a Styrene Addicts Summer Camp we held in May. We were ten and something middle aged men gathered at a Scout House in the middle of the forrest nort east of Gothenburg.

There we built models, pulled bad jokes and counted rivets all night long for a weekend...in total peace and liberty :P

Anyways, I put together this Kuwaiti F/A-18D Hornet...had it pretty much done but the paint job during the weekend :D

Oh and I got an Honorarymention for it at the Gothenburg model show a couple of weeks ago.

HereĀ“s some pics....

DSC_2300_zpsuphsqdh3.jpg

DSC_2304_zpsagsmdhi3.jpg

DSC_2308_zpsnhbjkrom.jpg

DSC_2312_zpslxhzscv4.jpg

DSC_2316_zpsd6ktvhhp.jpg

DSC_2320_zps8bhxylq1.jpg

DSC_2324_zpsrtkddsgj.jpg

DSC_2328_zpsl4hglxk3.jpg

More in part 2

Looks very nice. It looks really great in that color scheme. I wish your your photos had a little more light to them but all in all a great looking model.

Thanx Janissary :D

Intentionally done darker, I thought they made the light aircraft pop more against the black paper background and it took the shine out of the paper and made it look silky.

That is beautiful! I love the unusual subject matter and markings.

...And to think that it was built in a weekend boggles my mind!

That "modeling weekend getaway" is a great idea. It sounds like it would be a ton of fun!

Thanx Fighting Eighty-four :D

You do get productive in the right surroundings and with the right kind of support :)

I really recommend having a modelling weekend with your friends once a year...no kids, no spouses, no dogs, no neighbours.

All models, BBQ, unhealthy food and drink, snacks, we had a space for two-three ppl to paint at the same time...

Heck, here's a link to the event ...text in Swedish though

http://ipmsgoteborg.clubdiscussion.net/t4292-plaskollot-2015-i-pojkebo

Thanx Fighting Eighty-four :D/>

You do get productive in the right surroundings and with the right kind of support :)/>

I really recommend having a modelling weekend with your friends once a year...no kids, no spouses, no dogs, no neighbours.

All models, BBQ, unhealthy food and drink, snacks, we had a space for two-three ppl to paint at the same time...

Heck, here's a link to the event ...text in Swedish though

http://ipmsgoteborg.clubdiscussion.net/t4292-plaskollot-2015-i-pojkebo

:woot.gif:

Dude, thanks for the link! I know I can't read any of the text, but the pics are worth a thousand words. Modeling with friends by a lake, secluded with minimal distractions, and great BBQ. Seems like Shangri-La to me!

:woot.gif:/>

Dude, thanks for the link! I know I can't read any of the text, but the pics are worth a thousand words. Modeling with friends by a lake, secluded with minimal distractions, and great BBQ. Seems like Shangri-La to me!

It is... that annual weekend makes the rest of the year bearable :)

Anybody is welcome...no affiliation with IPMS is needed, tho they are allowed to recruite (so we get help with funding the event)So, if anybody is in the neighbourhood the second weekend of May....just gimme a holler ;)

NICE! You don't see many of these built... May I inquire as to what paints you used?

Not gonna leave you hanging :P

FS36375 for the light grey

FS36237 for the medium grey

Fs36307 for the blue grey

And I used matched acrylics from Lifecolor

Janne,

A Most impressive build. Just no prop. Your usual outstanding weathered paint camo scheme, done to perfection. Sure looked like a lot of fun. I did notice the NY Yankee baseball hat, which I'm a life long fan of. Almost never miss a game.

So what's your next jet build gonna be?

Joel