1/72 C-130 Flaps, 1/48 KC-130 Refueling Pods / Harvest Hawk conversion

Gentlemen,

Attack Squadron from Poland has just released three new sets for the Italeri C-130 kits. In 1/72 scale is a complete flap set that includes the internal structure of the wing.

In 1/48 scale, they now have a set of refueling pods, as well as a Harvest Hawk conversion. These two sets are why I released the Flying Leathernecks Decals FL48011 USMC KC-130J sheet!

http://www.attacksquadron.pl/en/2016/08/23/new-accessories-august-2016/

http://flyingleathernecksmodels.com/

Edited by Dave Roof

This is great news! Thanks for keeping us informed. I'm using the 1/48 C-130E/H engines on a current build, and I've got their Firescout, so I will certainly say they make top quality stuff.

Now...where am I going to put all these Herks?

Chris

Hey Dave, Sounds great! I will purchase a set of 1/72 C-130 flaps, or two. When are you going to complete the 1/72 USMC KC-130R/T/J decal? I am dying to start my KC-130T-30 in VMGR-452 markings. R/ Dutch

Still trying to decide the layout of the sheet. All of the markings are drawn......that's the easy part!

Anyone know if their 1/72 C-130E/H engine set is better than the Flightpath set?

Tom

I've got both, and it's way better than the Flightpath set, IMO. The fit of the Attack Squadron set is just about perfect, plus it comes with accurate prop blades and spinners.

I've got both, and it's way better than the Flightpath set, IMO. The fit of the Attack Squadron set is just about perfect, plus it comes with accurate prop blades and spinners.

Exactly the news I was hoping to hear. As soon as they have the sponsons available I'll be placing an order. Thanks.

Tom

• 6 years later...
On 9/26/2022 at 9:03 PM, MikeDadofFour said:

@Dave Roof, now that you’re going 3D design and printing, any chance for a KC-130J upgrade set to include defensive counter measures gear, dispensers, antennas, etc.

On 9/30/2022 at 1:37 PM, Dutch said:

I'm in for that as well in 1/72 scale please!

A resin conversion for the KC-130J is back on the drawing board, as is a Harvest Hawk conversion. Both were re-inspired by the fact VMGR-352 hooked me up with great photos of their new command bird through a friend. 

There is still a lot of elements to draw and some of the markings on this still in-progress profile are incorrect for this aircraft, but it's started. They sent me a perfect shot of the skull and crossbones while standing on the horizontal tail! No time table for the decals or conversion as I still have several other projects in work. As a one man operation, there is only so much I can do at once.

VMGR-352-KC-130-J-Port-Profile.jpg

7 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

A resin conversion for the KC-130J is back on the drawing board, as is a Harvest Hawk conversion. Both were re-inspired by the fact VMGR-352 hooked me up with great photos of their new command bird through a friend. 

There is still a lot of elements to draw and some of the markings on this still in-progress profile are incorrect for this aircraft, but it's started. They sent me a perfect shot of the skull and crossbones while standing on the horizontal tail! No time table for the decals or conversion as I still have several other projects in work. As a one man operation, there is only so much I can do at once.

Great news Dave!

I’m not in a rush since there’s plenty left in the stash to work on.  Already have a Harvest Hawk set from ARMORY / BRENGUN but I’m sure yours may be more accurate.  Also got the great engines and props from MLH BRINGIT! but they’re not available since EvilBay knocked out all Russian small businesses.  As if that would really get people to overthrow their megalomaniac leader… but, politics aside…

Would be good to consider other corrections to the Italeri Herc since the basic kit is decades old.  Maybe someone could develop 3D decals and the HUDs for the cockpit considering all the windows on that thing.

Will keep an eye out for news when available.

On 10/2/2022 at 2:39 PM, Dave Roof said:

I would like that version.
Would that use the -30 size fuselage? 

3 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Ive got one of those!
What it used for?

Stop teasing me….absolutely no use for them what so ever.  I’ll send you an address for disposal.  :gr_devil:

Used on the DC-130A.  I have the kit, but no nose. 

18 minutes ago, Scott Smith said:

Stop teasing me….absolutely no use for them what so ever.  I’ll send you an address for disposal.  :gr_devil:

Used on the DC-130A.  I have the kit, but no nose. 

But the Italeri DC-130 kit comes with a nose

I just looked in my stash and the one I have is 72nd scale not 48th. Sorry...