CD32015 & CD32016 : 1/32 OV-10A and OV-10D Bronco sheets

CD32016 will feature multiple 1/32 marking options selected from CD48068, the new 1/48 OV-10A Bronco sheet. It is intended for -what else- the upcoming OV-10A kit from Kitty Hawk.

I originally had no intention of doing a 1/32 OV-10D sheet; but the feedback I am getting about the quality of the Kitty Hawk sheet changed my mind. I already have artwork, and will release a 1/32 OV-10D sheet in early March. CD32015 will be a limited release (250 sheets) featuring multiple USMC OV-10D options.

Edited by KursadA
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just finished the OV-10D sheet and the first of the two OV-10A sheets in 1/32 scale. I will finalize the profiles and post them tonight. After I got the Kitty Hawk OV-10D kit, I can see why they were some concerns about the decal sheet - the Navy (VAL-4) option is based on a purely fictional museum bird, several important dimensions (national insignia etc.) are noticeably off, etc. My decal sheets will address these issues.

Expect them to be in the market by mid-April.

This is what the first OV-10A sheet (CD32015) will look like. It will be available in early April, hopefully at about the same time the OV-10A kit becomes available in the market. A second OV-10A sheet will follow in May.

cd32015.jpg

All four options on the sheet are scaled up from my earlier 1/48 OV-10A sheet:

-OV-10A Bronco 67-14658, 19th TASS, USAF (Vietnam)

-OV-10A Bronco 67-14649, 22nd TASS, Wheeler AFB, USAF

-OV-10A Bronco BuNo. 155405, VMO-6, US Marine Corps (Vietnam)

-OV-10A Bronco BuNo. 155471, VAL-4 "Black Ponies", US Navy (Vietnam)

Still need to tweak a few stencils on the OV-10D sheet - images coming soon.

Was kinda hoping the Shaw Bronco would made the grade to be scaled up.....Oh well

Shaw, VMO-2 and Venezuela options will be on the second 1/32 OV-10A sheet. I will not go any of my OV-10A artwork to go to waste and will use them in all three scales, but I need to spread out the 1/32 OV-10A releases in time - I will not dedicate a chunk of monthly release budget to a single type by releasing three 1/32 Bronco sheets in a month.

The first OV-10A sheet and the OV-10D sheet are coming in April, and the second OV-10A sheet in May.

Edited by KursadA

Shaw, VMO-2 and Venezuela options will be on the second 1/32 OV-10A sheet. I will not go any of my OV-10A artwork to go to waste and will use them in all three scales, but I need to spread out the 1/32 OV-10A releases in time - I will not dedicate a chunk of monthly release budget to a single type by releasing three 1/32 Bronco sheets in a month.

The first OV-10A sheet and the OV-10D sheet are coming in April, and the second OV-10A sheet in May.

Awesome.... I'll wait for the second Alpha sheet then :thumbsup:

This is the OV-10D sheet. There is a second, small sheet (not shown) with darker gray markings for the two-gray camouflaged option (155468).

Each of the two three-color camouflage options have their own unique MARINES scripts that accurately portray the practice of using Field Green on the sections of the text that overlap the black color in the camouflage. This sheet addresses the accuracy problems of the kit sheet; and I hope you will like it.

cd32016.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello KursadA,

just a question, you sell the 1/48 Bronco OV-10 sheets. Do you know if Kitty Hawk will release one?

Rgds,

Duncan

No, I don't. As I explained in that thread, I saw a demand for 1/48 OV-10 sheets (as evidenced by the prices of Cutting Edge's OV-10 sheets on Ebay) and wanted to prepare for the 1/32 kits, so I released a 1/48 sheet. It proved to be a very good decision.

I am not aware of a 1/48 Bronco coming from Kitty Hawk, but in my personal opinion they would be crazy not to release a 1/48 kit. They already have a very good design that they can scale down, and the only existing kit of the subject is very old. If they don't act quickly, one of the Chinese companies will almost certainly do it.

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 month later...