CD48033 - A-6A/E Intruder Part 1

CD48033 is coming in May - this is the first A-6A/E Intruder sheet that I will be doing. It will be followed by a second sheet later in the summer. All will be eventually done in 1/72, and a few select options will be done in 1/32 as well.

The 7 options on this sheet are:

- VA-165, USS Ranger 1967

- VA-35, USS Enterprise 1966

- VA-196, USS Constellation 1967

- VMA-AW-242, Da Nang 1966

- VA-42, 1975

- VA-65, USS Independence 1971

- VA-128, 1981

cd48033promo1.jpg

Looks like the color profile in Osprey's book was incorrect, and the VA-35 tail band should be orange. Oh well - this is exactly why I post the profiles; and I am glad it was caught. I stand corrected, and the design will be fixed before it goes to print. I will update the profiles and the artwork tonight.

Edited by KursadA
  • 4 weeks later...

That looks like a fantastic decal sheet. I will be ordering one in a few weeks when I get back to work. Did you happen to find any photos of this bird when you were doing research for the Va-128? I took this photo a few years back.

S5030511.jpg

What's the story behind the wreck?

They were doing a night training mission from Whidbey Island and down to southeast Oregon. They were flying at to low of an elevation and impacted the top of a ridge. The plane bounced back up into the air and then crashed back down and skidded for about a 1000 feet. If they had been 10 feet higher they would have made it ok.

• 10 months later...

I will not reprint this sheet, as I have a second Intruder sheet on the way for an early summer release.

Which schemes? Will it still be the A-6A model or for the newer E kit?

Edited by Steve Belanger