I will build the Brazilian AF-1B and Argentinian A-4AR converted from 1/72 Fujimi A-4KU and A-4M kits respectively.

I will be building both kits at the same time to speed things along. I am using the Caracal decals for the Brazilian Skyhawk and Condor decals for the Argentinian one. Modifications will be scratchbuilt.

Have a couple old Classic airframes TA-4Js that have been sitting for years. They will get done.

One in dark grey, just can't decide between an aggressor or a training command bird.

Unknown yet aggressor for the other one.

Might do up the Hasegawa trainer once the Classic airframes ones are done.

I'm on board with a 1/72 Italeri OA-4M. I will probably be adding at least QuickBoost ejection seats, but I'm undecided on how much more work I will put into it. Markings will be one of the options from the kit (H&MS-12 Outlaws).

Looking forward to getting started and seeing the other builds

Trying to decide what Scooter kits to pull from the stash 48th or 32nd? I should go with the Hasegawa A-4M but I'm leaning towards the Trumpeter A-4E or A-4M. Will check out the online shops for Marine Decals availability then make my final decision and get started tomorrow.

Will go with the Trumpeter A-4M having just found and ordered a set of decals from Sprue Bros. Going to skip the AM sets on this one, find that they only slow me down.

Scott

Scott, I actually have a few more on my shopping list.

I have almost enough to do the "one of each Skyhawk unit" portion of my "one of each squadron" collection.

I've decided to start with a TA-4B from NAS Glenview.

I've been wanting to build a Skyhawk that doesn't have commercial markings available. Matching decal bits and masking to do the Air Barrons' stripes will sure fit that bill.

I'll be using the Airfix kit, OOB except for some Esci wing tanks, and whatever wheels I have to switch to in order to get that right. (I haven't looked to see if I need "spoked" or "bolts" for the wheels, yet) I also have not decided whether I will replace the IP or not.

But, yeah, other than possible resin wheels, etched IP, and parts from another kit,,,,,,,this will be OOB, lol.

Well, the modeling gods have smiled upon me. I'm out of town visiting my parents and was rooting around the garage, and there hiding on a shelf was a 1/32 Hasegawa A-4E/F! The box is beat to heck and the decals are goners, but the kit itself looks to be in great condition. I'll need some new decals so if anyone has a set they'd be willing to part with or knows of somewhere I can buy a set I'd appreciate it.

There is an 1/72 Airfix A-4B I could build. It looks like a very nice kit in the box. Plus I've wanted an OA-4M. I just can't decide wheter to buy Hasegawa or Italeri.

I've never been part of a group build, but I have 2 A-4's sitting that might be just the ticket. Either an Aggressor scheme or a TA-4J in the numbers of one my pops flew. Need to drag out his log books.

I'm with you, never done a group build before either but I'm thinking about throwing my hat in the ring also with a TA-4J-one question, do in progress pictures have to be shown?

I'm with you, never done a group build before either but I'm thinking about throwing my hat in the ring also with a TA-4J-one question, do in progress pictures have to be shown?

It's not strictly needed, but it is preferred. The reason to have a group build is to build as a group - to see what other people are doing, to show off your own efforts, and to trade helpful comments and hints.

It's up to participants to decide how often to post updates. And the technical part of sharing images is pretty easy - if you have any questions, just ask.

New to the boards and just came across this group build, which nearly perfectly aligns with my current project of kit bashing the shape of a 1/72 Hasegawa TA-4J fuselage into an A-4F Blue Angels. I'll also be using the wings from the latest Airfix A-4B/P kit and most likely rebuilding the width of the fuselage from scratch. I wanted to try and get a more accurate overall shape then is present from any of the kits out there which all have their issues. If this is too much for this group builds intentions just let me know. As far as I can tell it should meet the less then 10% done rule with photos to arrive as soon as I get time. I might try and get Blue Angels 5 and 6 done for this but time will tell. I'm a rather slow builder. Throw in a 1/72 Blue Angels Casper if I get time as well. Who knows. Can't wait to see the other entries for this one!

Edited by Holtsberry Hobbiest

If this is too much for this group builds intentions just let me know. As far as I can tell it should meet the less then 10% done rule with photos to arrive as soon as I get time.

It sounds fine to me. Go for it. I'd love to see more of this ambitious project.

This is my first participation in a group build.

I plan to complete two builds, both 1/48.

One is a two-seat Brazilian AF-1A, converted from the Monogram 0A-4M. The decals are from the Hobbycraft A-4N, Israeli kit #1430, which includes the Brazilian Navy decals. Interestingly enough, the decals include the serial number for the two-seater, even though the Hobbycraft kit only contains the single-seat version. In addition, the OA-4M kit is missing the landing gear, wheels, and all of the gear doors, so I will be scratch building the doors and purchasing the landing gear.

The other will be a TA-4J, using the WarEagle vacuform conversion for the Monogram OA-4. I have never built a vacuform kit, so this will be a challenge. I will be looking for any helpful tips. The decals are TBD.

Thanks,

Andy