CD48076 - C-45 Expeditor

Be careful here, there are wartime C45s like the kit seems to be in the shown material (short nacelle over wing) and the post war model that has longer nacelles above the wing. I can't speak for US but I know in Canada we had a few short nacelle machines just after the war but any that served with our forces into the sixties and seventies were long nacelle types built post war. You can't use the kit as is proposed for those post war long serving machines so make sure your schemes are right for the kit.I would bet any US machines in 70's and probably much earlier would be long nacelle machines...HTH

Cheers

Bruce

Edited by RCAFFAN

I am well aware of the nacelle differences, but I will include markings for both nacelle types as I don't see myself making more than one sheet for this type. Eventually either an aftermarket option will appear for the later nacelle, or there will be a kit version with the right wing - most of the attractive markings are for the later nacelle type.

While I haven't used any of your decals (just not my area usually) I have noted here that you do research pretty well so I suspected you might know but just wanted to be sure. Sounds like you thought about this and are planning well and of course some modelers won't care about the detail anyway. Good luck on these...

Cheers

Bruce

• 1 month later...

I will be sending this to be printed within a couple of days - there will be five or six options on the sheet, three from US Navy. Here are two of the Navy options:

c45promos.jpg

Edited by KursadA

VC-5 based at NAS Cubi Point had a few colorful RC-45Js, and I will be including markings for one of them. Being a RC-45J, it will require a few simple modifications which I will describe in the instructions. Like all of the Navy examples on the sheet this aircraft also has the longer late-type nacelles - if you must have the right kind of nacelles on your model, Mike West is working on resin replacements.

c45promos2.jpg

I will be releasing a second C-45 sheet simultaneously with this one: it will feature markings for RCAF, Japan (JMSDF), and a couple other international operators. Profiles and first draft within a couple of days..

I am well aware of the nacelle differences, but I will include markings for both nacelle types as I don't see myself making more than one sheet for this type. Eventually either an aftermarket option will appear for the later nacelle, or there will be a kit version with the right wing - most of the attractive markings are for the later nacelle type.

Lone Star Models has a late nacelle conversion.

http://www.lonestarmodels.com/conversions-1-48.html

I really wasn't interested in this kit until I saw the artwork here. Now it's on the list.

Edited by Ed Nirel
  • 4 weeks later...

I am packing the C-45 sheets tonight, so I can start shipping them tomorrow along with the others. I am particularly happy with how CD48079 (the second sheet) turned out - the Canadian markings on this design had some fine features and I was anxious to see how they would look once printed. I think you will like these.

48079promo1.jpg

48079promo2.jpg

I now have only 25 copies of CD48076 left. CD48079 is also selling well, particularly in Canada.

Just like the EC-121 sheets that sold out pretty quickly, I don't see myself reprinting these (unless ICM surprises me by tooling set of wings for the later nacelle variant). Mike West now has resin conversion sets for the later variant.

• 1 month later...

Both C-45 sheets sold very well at Hannants, and they are almost sold out there.

I clearly misjudged the appeal of this twin-engined workhorse, and will have to reprint these once all major resellers sell out. In the meantime, I suggest getting these sheets now if you do not want to wait for a few months.

Edited by KursadA
  • 4 weeks later...

congrats to your success! As I have already both sheets, I still wait for the ICM kit... :tumble:/>

Edited by tobiK
  • 3 weeks later...