CD48083 - AC-47 "Spooky"

CD48083 will be a 1/48 sheet featuring several AC-47 gunship markings, covering both Vietnam and post-Vietnam foreign options. Designed for the soon-to-be re-released Revell(Monogram) kit.

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 months later...

Is the Revell re-box out in Europe? For whatever reason I still have not seen it around here.

Yes, kind of pricey too. I'm glad I picked a couple up when they were last out a few years ago, but might be inclined to buy another if a new set of decals came out.........

• 1 month later...

Any chance that includes Colombian Air Force AC-47 Fantasma?

I like the current markings on their Basler-upgraded turboprop Fantasmas (AC-47T); but I can not justify using up sheet real estate on such a small niche. Their pre-upgrade AC-47 markings look simple, I might look into adding them if I can find good resources. The emphasis of the sheet will be USAF Vietnam and immediate post-Vietnam era markings.

Any chance KursadA that we will see this sheet in 1/72 scale? I know the Italeri kit can still be picked up along with a few other 72nd offerings out there.

Dave Fassett

Edited by Bulldog 09
  • 5 months later...

Here is the final draft of the sheet - it has 7 USAF and one Laotian AC-47, starting with the early examples "Puff" and "Git-Em Bullett" and most units that flew the type. There is a smaller second sheet (not shown) with the USAF insignia.

cd48083draft.jpg

I will scale it down to 1/72 at a later date.

• 1 month later...