Cessna Crane/Bobcat/

The photos are not the best as the manager of the big box would not allow any flash use in photographing any of the exibits. This Crane was dug out of the mud in a farmers field south of Regina in the early 1970's while I was involved in the Western Developement Museum, Moose Jaw.

The entire airframe was restored by the "back room gang" and is very authentic. The hangar face behind the aircraft is a section of one last remaining hangar at Moss Bank which was a training base south of Moose Jaw.

I invite anyone with photos of this type to add them here for reference.

Happy modelling

Barney

Crane001.jpg

Crane002.jpg

Crane003.jpg

I emailed the Canadian Aviation Museum to see if they could send me some photos of their Cessna Crane's interior. As I understand it, this plane went into RCAF storage after the war and was then trasnfered to the museum in the 1960s. It never had a life as a civilian airplane, so the interior should be pretty original.

In some of the photos, the camera man placed a $5 bill so we could colour correct as necessary. The green is standard zinc chromate green.

Notice that on the sidewalls beside the pilots' seats, there are small slots in the fabric covering. The best I can figure is that these line up with where the map cases and pouches should be attached - they're just missing.

crane001.jpg

crane002.jpg

crane003.jpg

crane004.jpg

Edited by Trevor

This shot isn't of a Crane, but of a UC-78 being assembled during the war. However, its a perfect view showing the fire extinguisher compartment door, the fuel filler locations, and the door stop at the leading edge of the walkway. None of these are clearly market on the Czech Models' instruction sheet.

crane012.jpg