Huey Hog, Monogram 1/48

A friend of mine gave me this kit. He didn't want it and he didn't ask for any money. I checked the parts and found out that an elevator stick was missing, so I tried to make a new one from lengths of plastic. This is what I managed to do.

20151011_125448.jpg

Yestaerday I found out that the hole engine is missing!!!

I will just try to put some pieces of plastic, as little will be seen. It will be something very easy, simple and quick.

Thanks Bravosierra001 but I am in Hellas ( or Greece as inaccurately is said) so the postage might cost a lot. I haven't glued the fuselage yet, because I found out that the whole engine is missing!! So I tried to build something to hold the rotor. I used an 1/48 bomb from the spares box and a piece of plastic. I don't know how it will fit, but I will give it a try!

20151018_185106.jpg

20151018_185118.jpg

Edited by Stathax

Very creative.

How is it that Hellas came to be called Greece?

Thanks RKic!

There are many theories.

Both words are ancient, but Greece comes from the word ''grikao'' that means ''understand''.

Hellas comes from one of Zeus's sons in Hellenic mythology. His name was Ellin. ( Hellas is pronounced Ellas in my language. )

At the times of Homer, the word ''Ellin'' was asociated to an ancient race in Thessaly with Achilles as their leader.

Also Hellas comes from the words El and Las which mean:

El = ''Light''

Las = ''Stone'' or ''Soil''

That's why many people call my country ''The country that has given light to the world''.

Take a look at our Air Force which is called HAF (Hellenic Air Force), the parliament which also is called ''Hellenic'' and many more.

I don't have a problem with the word ''Greece'', but I prefer ''Hellas''. It also sounds better! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I reached a point where I couldn't stand building it any more, but I didn't want to throw it out of my garage door, so...

20160216_192707.jpg

20160216_192716.jpg

20160216_192728.jpg

20160217_134501.jpg

20160217_134558.jpg

20160218_095922.jpg

20160228_201034.jpg

20160228_201044.jpg

The project didn't work out with the white glue and some brown paint, but at least it's not at the garbage...

It needs a lot to call it finished, so I didn't meet the deadline.

Nevermind... At least I will try to finish it.

Edited by Stathax

doesn't matter you finish it or not at least you did try, that what I think! :deadhorse1:/>

by the way I have a question for you: what kind of camera you used? the pictures look very good!

let_models :)/>

Thanks!

I used my cellphone for the pics. It's a Samsung that wasn't on sale in Greece. A relative sent it to me from Australia.

Normally, I use an Olympus SP-550UZ, but if you like these, I'll keep using my phone!