Hope that you are considering doing accurate markings for the F-16XL kit coming from Skunkmodels (Kenetic) like your YF-23 decals. Keeping up hope on this one. As always, thank you for producing such great decals that are accurate and look great on the finished model.

W

Good to hear that it is in the pipeline. I only have a passing interest in the XL version as prototypes are not really in my modelling interest. However, I am planning on getting one for the simple reason is that I can probably put a what-if scheme on it. I am thinking CAF (Canadian Armed Forces) in an that Voodoo scheme. Where to put the stripes may be an issue though.

I know it is not something you normally consider but a what-if sheet for the YF-23 and F-16XL might sell well? I see that the XtraDecal what-if TSR.2 sheet had a second print run plus the Gekko brand of what-if schemes for the Huckben and the Rafaels have sold well from all reports.

Just my musing here of course.

Hope that you are considering doing accurate markings for the F-16XL kit coming from Skunkmodels (Kenetic) like your YF-23 decals. Keeping up hope on this one. As always, thank you for producing such great decals that are accurate and look great on the finished model.

W

Totally ageed!

Please.

Hi,

As an idea for a What if sheet, a combined sheet for the YF-23 and F-16XL with Japanese markings would be interesting.

Robert

My stance on what-if decals had evolved somewhat over the last few months. It does look like there is a small but growing market for these. I will not do what-if decals under the Caracal brand : it will only confuse customers and dilute the brand; but a separate, new brand dedicated to what-if markings might be a good way to scale the business up further. One of you could start a new thread here and we will discuss..

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 month later...

According to Raymond single seat only at this time. A twin seater will depend on how well the base kit sells.

Dmanton300, I couldn't help but, read your transcript of RUSH's Roll the Bones, they had been, and still are, my most favorite band from when I was in high school! Although, I tend to favor their music from A farewell to Kings on up to Hold Your Fire the most.

OK sorry guys from getting of topic. The kit and decals will be interesting. There is certainly no lack of Viper kits and decals on the market now but, I do love the fact that Caracal does make marking for some very unique birds and well..... it works for me, having bought a few sheets of otherwise unique subjects not covered elsewhere.

Edited by taggor

If I might suggest...anyone who has been around the F-16XL's and have good photos of markings, details please either post them or send them to Caracal so that his future decal can be as accurate as possible. Just like what was done with the YF-23. Modelers supplying details like the vent details around the intakes and various data details made the decal so much better.

• 5 weeks later...

Folks, Kinetic revealed the markings on the F-6XL kit decal sheet yesterday on their Facebook page. It looks like they are including both the prototype scheme and NASA markings (as well as a few what-if options), so I am not sure if there is much of an opportunity here. I will wait to see the decals up close and make a decision later.

11059252_452359361597847_175680407657353150_n.jpg?oh=837ca39c76d8cfc00787e472f3f8b9eb&oe=55C52148

1511445_452359371597846_5330563352399241219_n.jpg?oh=461c21103d148309245d0e0ce87310be&oe=55DFA83A

Edited by KursadA