CD48094 - RF-84F

Ditto on the 45TRS Polka Dots. I have a good friend whose late father was an RF84F pilot for the 45TRS in the mid-50's. He sends me photos all of the time of his dad and his RF-84F. The airplane is has some really great markings. The pilot's name, Lt. Martinez has his name on the canopy sill. His wife's name is also on the front end of the fuselage. If this guy knew that Caracal was looking for photos of this specific RF-84F, he would flood me with photos. I don't know if any of the RF-84F's were painted in camo like the regular F-84F's, but this airplane is NMF. Let me know if there is any interest, and I will make the necessary contacts for photos and info specific to this airplane. Thanks, Tim

Ditto on the 45TRS Polka Dots. I have a good friend whose late father was an RF84F pilot for the 45TRS in the mid-50's. He sends me photos all of the time of his dad and his RF-84F. The airplane is has some really great markings. The pilot's name, Lt. Martinez has his name on the canopy sill. His wife's name is also on the front end of the fuselage. If this guy knew that Caracal was looking for photos of this specific RF-84F, he would flood me with photos. I don't know if any of the RF-84F's were painted in camo like the regular F-84F's, but this airplane is NMF. Let me know if there is any interest, and I will make the necessary contacts for photos and info specific to this airplane. Thanks, Tim

I am definitely interested - can you please send me an e-mail at "info@caracalmodels.com"? Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My kit is almost here - Tanmodel had kindly sent me an RF-84F kit, and I should receive it sometime tomorrow. I will start posting profiles this weekend after I confirm that the markings fit the actual plastic.

I received my two kits a couple days ago - the kit looks excellent in the box, and I am sure you will like it too. I initially was planning only one RF-84F sheet with only USAF markings. But now that I can see the kit decals, I think I can do a bit better - I will announce an international RF-84F sheet soon.

I received my two kits a couple days ago - the kit looks excellent in the box, and I am sure you will like it too. I initially was planning only one RF-84F sheet with only USAF markings. But now that I can see the kit decals, I think I can do a bit better - I will announce an international RF-84F sheet soon.

Great news Kursad. Even though those shiny USAF schemes are nice I sure do love those camo aircraft.

Thanks for thinking of us :thumbsup:

I was about to squeeze a lot of colorful USAF schemes on this sheet : Two Spangdahlem units (32 & 38 TRS), 15 TRS, 45TRS, and more. I need to work a little bit more on the layout, and I will post some profiles soon.

Edited by KursadA

I was about to squeeze a lot of colorful USAF schemes on this sheet : Two Spangdahlem units (32 & 38 TRS), 15 TRS, 45TRS, and more. I need to work a little bit more on the layout, and I will post some profiles soon.

You put the 15th on this one and I'm in along with the TanModel kit!