Greetings!

I'm building the Testors 1/72 B-2. Since its the only game in town...I'm glad to have it. But MAN what a kit! Terrible....most everything.

Anyway...I've noticed that the B-2 is probably closest to Gunship Grey. (36118 I think) BUT...it has that same sheen as the F-22 at certain angles. Anybody know of a paint specifically for the B-2? (modeling paint)

Or...anyone know of a good technique for getting that B-2 stealthy "sheen affect"?

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by pminer

I finished this kit a year or so ago - and like yours it fought me all the way!

For mine I sprayed a base coat of medium sea grey, then masked up the RAM coated areas. It then got a coat or two of gunship grey over the top.

This thread on Britmodeller shows my painting process:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234957107-172nd-scale-b-2-spirit/?hl=spirit

Regarding your question on the 'sheen' - I think it depends on when the aircraft last had a re-spray. Some look very flat matt; others have more a satin finish. Why not give it a flat coat, and then do some gentle buffing with micromesh or the like? That way you can control the sheen very easily.

I kept mine fairly flat, but when you catch it right there is still a slight sheen which in my opinion, gives a good scale effect:

DSC_5045_zpsc663039e.jpg

DSC_5013_zps51ca4065.jpg

Tom