RT-2PM "Topol" / SS-25 "Sickle" [Zvezda 1/72]

Hi,

img_0076.jpg

The RT-2PM Topol, NATO reporting name SS-25 Sickle is a mobile intercontinental ballistic missile. This very unique vehicle has been designed in the Soviet Union at the end of 70’s. And it entered in service in the middle of 80’s. Throughout this time work continued on improving the battle management system. And Topol is still in service with Russia's Strategic Missile Troops.

It a very good kit from Zvezda. With a lot of details (309 parts), the kit is easy to build and very well engineered. It’s a pleasure to just cut an glue together all the parts and everything fit well. The molding is perfect as well. Two options are present with all the parts for it : for transport and for launching. The instructions are long and divided in 18 steps. Be careful to follow it.

img_0081.jpg

Building this kit was very fun. I generally build planes and it was my first really military kit, even if it is a ground to air attack system (ground-to-ground…). I should have done better build in particular some joints, and in particular the long missile joint which it is the maybe worst point of this kit.

I had fun to paint and to weather this kit. I wanted to test some new techniques of weathering. Military kits offer better options and some new techniques of weathering. It was pleasant to use Mig Ammo products and their tutorials on Youtube.

Painting was a pleasant moment for me. And weathering too. You can see all the building there(only in french).

I hope you will like the final result. I will do some more ground-to-air military kit. But not immediately. For now, I will come back to my planes and UAV !

img_0079.jpg

img_0082.jpg

img_7089.jpg

img_7080.jpg

img_7096.jpg

img_0087.jpg

img_0092.jpg

img_0085.jpg

More photos there

I hope you will like it.

Alain.

• 3 weeks later...