CD48093 - F-16C "Dark Vipers"

CD48093 will be a new F-16C sheet for operational aircraft in the new overall dark gray Have Glass next gen scheme. It will have markings for both Minnesota ANG (148 FW) and South Carolina (169 FW) aircraft, two options from each unit.

dviper1.jpgdviper2.jpg

I am working on the final layout of the sheet and will post drafts when I finish it in a couple of days. It will be part of my October batch.

Note: I previously used the product number CD48093 for the Wild Weasel 50th anniversary sheet. This sheet is still in the pipeline, with some modifications - I will use a different number for it.

Edited by KursadA

What tail numbers can we expect? AF93-05xx from the 169FW and 91-04xx from the 148FW?

I have to look them up when I get home, but if I recall correctly the aircraft on the sheet are 90-0831, 91-0410, 93-0545 and 92-3916.

Note that MN ANG now has an F-16D in the new dark gray scheme as well (90-0846) - it is the first twin seater I have seen in this scheme. I would have added it if I had the crew names; and I can not delay the sheet for more than 6-7 days. If anyone has contacts in the unit and can help, please contact me now.

One available online where pilot name is seen (Feb 10th, 2015);

http://www.148fw.ang.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/2015/03/150210-Z-LR879-036.JPG

This seems to be a photo of an F-16C?? I already had this one.

I have the pilot names on the side of 90-0846 : it is the crew chief's name that I need, so I need a recent shot of the starboard side cockpit.

Perfect :)/>

Looking forward to this one (too) :)/>

Just a thought; could you include extra numbers so that one can mix'n'match for other Vipers in the units covered?

Edited by Niels

Just a thought; could you include extra numbers so that one can mix'n'match for other Vipers in the units covered?

Sure - it's a good idea, and I added four complete sets of tail number & refueling door serial digits as well as one each of AF90/91/92/93 date blocks. This should allow you to build almost any Have Glass V Viper from MN and SC ANG (without crew names).

Just some final color and placement corrections, and I should be able to show it to you.

CD48093 will be part of the October batch, to be released in mid-month.

cd48093draft.jpg

NOICE!!! And, btw, what color (or mix of colors) do you recommend for the dark gray???? I have been looking at different paints but none seems like a decent match, the only one that look vaguely similar is the one named 'Egg Plant Dark Grey' for Akan....

Any suggestion?

As Scott mentioned, the color is FS36170. I recommended Humbrol Slate Gray in my F-35 sheets, but got some feedback suggesting better matches and I will revisit my suggestion when I get around to designing the instructions sometime next week.

As Scott mentioned, the color is FS36170. I recommended Humbrol Slate Gray in my F-35 sheets, but got some feedback suggesting better matches and I will revisit my suggestion when I get around to designing the instructions sometime next week.

Great, thanks!

Since your doing a family model D KursadA, why not add the Lockheed Fort Worth two seat demo bird with star logo on tail...very nice looking dark viper too!

I looked into it, it just was not possible to fit everything on one sheet like I wanted. It's a bit too late now, the sheet is done and will be back from the printers in a couple of weeks. Maybe next time..

Edited by KursadA