1/48 Civilian agressors?

Kursad,

Would there be an opening for civilian agressors like Draken International, DADS, BAE Systems etc?

http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?for=945

http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?for=418

http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?for=768

They fly a mix of Macchi 339's, A-4K, TA-4K, A-4N etc.

I know that others have done the BAE Systems A-4N's, but not the others ...... ;)

That actually sounds like a really interesting and unique idea. There are several companies in the US that fly aggressor aircraft as well. ATAC flies Kfirs, Hunters and L-39s. TacAir flies Tucanos, Super Tucanos, SF-260s and CF-5D. And as mentioned in the Learjet post, Phoenix Force flies Learjet 35s and 36s as electronic warfare aggressors.

Certainly would be something different.

Chris

It does sound like a good idea. One potential problem with using private businesses' logos and names on a decal sheet is that you never know how they are going to react. Many of them just do not care if their names are on a decal sheet for model aircraft, but occasionally some of them do (and don't ask me how I know). I will keep the subject in mind and see what I can do. Meanwhile, if you have some contacts within the said companies and can put me in contact with them, please contact me at "info@caracalmodels.com".

The BAE System Scooters have already been done by at least 2 companies.

Yes: one of them happens to be an employee of the parent company of BAE (i.e. might have gotten permission beforehand), and the other happens to be a German business who is beyond the reach of any US trademark/IP lawyer with too much time on his hands ;-)

Edited by KursadA

The BAE System Scooters have already been done by at least 2 companies.

The US version is a direct copy of the German version. Licenced or not, we still need DADS, Draken and all the others mentioned :)

It does sound like a good idea. One potential problem with using private businesses' logos and names on a decal sheet is that you never know how they are going to react. Many of them just do not care if their names are on a decal sheet for model aircraft, but occasionally some of them do (and don't ask me how I know). I will keep the subject in mind and see what I can do. Meanwhile, if you have some contacts within the said companies and can put me in contact with them, please contact me at "info@caracalmodels.com".

If it should happen to have the name "Disney" in it forget it!

I too would love to see the Draken, ATAC birds in decal form. I have some A-4's sitting on the shelf hoping for the Draken markings as well as a Kfir for ATAC. I'll watch this with interest!

David