CD48069 - AMX Ghibli

Caracal Models CD48069 "Black Cats and Green Mice"(*) will be a comprehensive decal sheet featuring different AMX and AMX-ACOL of the Italian Air Force. It is intended for the upcoming Kinetic 1/48 AMX kit.

The eight options on the sheet cover a range of Italian aircraft including a few very attractive special schemes, squadron flagships and "Black Cats" Afghanistan/ISAF deployment; all of from 2005 and later. I will have this sheet in the market shortly after the release of the Kinetic kit. I will reveal the full set of options after I find out what will be on the kit decal sheet; but I can suggest getting a very fine set of brushes.

cd48069announce.jpg

(*):Thanks to Paolo for suggesting the name, inspired by the 51 Stormo emblem.

Edited by KursadA

Goodness! TBH, I wasn't too interested in the forthcoming Kinetic kit -until now! I'll certainly look forward to seeing the Caracal set; the jet in the photo link is not really my thing but it is interesting to see the white cross on the tail now...just a bit strange with a crane fly (?) instead of the Casa Savoia arms!

Goodness! TBH, I wasn't too interested in the forthcoming Kinetic kit -until now! I'll certainly look forward to seeing the Caracal set; the jet in the photo link is not really my thing but it is interesting to see the white cross on the tail now...just a bit strange with a crane fly (?) instead of the Casa Savoia arms!

:whistle:

:whistle:/>

...what?! Well, it's not a cat, is it? Even my eyesight is not that bad! The tail of the grey jet in the background looks a little more middle-of-the-road; maybe I just need to get a little more adventurous. (Or less!) :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am almost ready to send this sheet to be printed - it should be available as part of the April batch. Another one of the options on this sheet is this anniversary jet:

cd48069promo3.jpg

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I received the AMX sheets today. They will be shipping the first week of May, about the same time the AMX kit should start appearing in the shelves in most of the world.

Everything came out really, really nice - I can't wait to see the first few builds. Hopefully at least some of you will rise up to the challenge and build the retro "SM 79" scheme! But don't worry, all the schemes on this sheet are pretty.

amx01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Preorders begin tomorrow, and I will start shipping these early next week. It looks like the kit is sold out at Lucky Model shortly after one week of its release - I have never seen a Kinetic kit get sold out this quickly.

Preorders begin tomorrow, and I will start shipping these early next week. It looks like the kit is sold out at Lucky Model shortly after one week of its release - I have never seen a Kinetic kit get sold out this quickly.

Perhaps testimony to the fact a kit of this aircraft was long overdue? Really hoping it will get scaled down in the hopefully not too distant future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hannants got its shipment yesterday.

I wonder who is going to be the first to try the Macchi scheme? I already heard from a few brave souls who are thinking about it.

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 years later...

It took a couple of years, but it looks like someone finally built a model using the retro WWII option on the sheet. This is the first one I have seen. I found these photos from the IPMS Brazil contest on Cybermodeler. I think it is safe to assume that this is the Kinetic kit with Caracal Models CD48069:

brazil17_10.jpg

brazil17_11.jpg

Edited by KursadA