I'm going to do a Ju-52/3m as a LOT pre-war airliner, SP-AKX, in service from 1936 until the September Campaign (1939 invasion). The plane was flown to Bucharest during the invasion, where it was confiscated. Techmod has a decal set with three slightly different variants of the markings. Techmod decals are usually quite thin, and that's going to be important in getting the decals to settle on the corrugated surfaces. This was an unusual variant as it had Bristol Pegasus engines and Hamilton-Standard 3-blade props. I'll use CMK resin engines and appropriately-sized Ultracast HS props that I'll modify to shape. Given the likely weight of this beast, I'll also use SAC metal gear. I also happily got ahold of some Eduard masks to deal with all those window panes. Finally, I have CMK's Tante Ju interior set for a military transport--some of it should be useful.

Here's the pile o' bits less the CMK engines that are in the mail.

ju-52-bits2_zpslnjpkzog.jpg

And here are the sprues:

ju-52-bits3_zpsafrgtnoi.jpg

There's an architect's scale next to the wing halves--this is going to be a big girl!

One ARC member posted a drawing of it

Edited by dnl42
  • 5 months later...