Turkish F-16s Part 2....is it still slated for release?

• 4 months later...
I will probably get the first sheet reprinted, too.

I missed the first sheet and haven't been able to find it anywhere. I hope you reprint Part 1 and re-release it with Part 2 when it's available!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think I will release these before the October-November timeframe : I released too many "foreign" (non-US) sheets lately; and would like to concentrate on US-centric subjects for a couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

There is a very good reason for the delay: a couple of the units have just proposed brand new tail art; and I am waiting until they are officially adopted. The new markings look spectacular and I hope some photos will be made public soon.

Habu2 - by the way, tried to PM you.... You are full already.

Hi mate,

I have the Turkish decals from Caracal and I am only after the second set when they are released.

I don't need this first release. I am willing to sell them at cost price plus postage if you want them :)/>

Cheers

Martin

Edited by loki
  • 1 month later...

I will release these soon; certainly within the next few months. The new unit markings are truly beautiful, but the unit does not have authorization to apply to it all of their aircraft so far, and the new test squadron has not painted its jets yet. I will address the new unit markings in an add-on sheet later.

Edited by KursadA
  • 4 weeks later...

Awesome news. Thank you sir!

Do you intend to do the new test markings and if so may I please see a teaser photo of these F-16 test jest?

I don't have their permission to share any photos for the time being, sorry. But the test unit's F-16s (they will have only a couple) will look distinctly different with large orange areas on the tail and rear fuselage. I think these will be revealed pretty soon, so please stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just sent the 1/48 Turkish F-16 Part 2 set to be printed, along with a reprint order for the first set. They will be available as part of my August batch.

A lot have changed in the Turkish F-16 fleet since I designed these sheets, and there are a few new tails that I would like to cover (such as the new 152.Filo tail which uses the tail pitot as part of the design in a pretty clever way!). I will release a separate sheet for these new tails when I finally receive the vector artwork for them, most likely sometime toward the end of the year.

This time the 1/48 sets will come with one set of stencils, but the stencil sheet will be available separately. I will release a combined 1/72 scale set in a couple of months.

152new.jpg

I just sent the 1/48 Turkish F-16 Part 2 set to be printed, along with a reprint order for the first set. They will be available as part of my August batch.

A lot have changed in the Turkish F-16 fleet since I designed these sheets, and there are a few new tails that I would like to cover (such as the new 152.Filo tail which uses the tail pitot as part of the design in a pretty clever way!). I will release a separate sheet for these new tails when I finally receive the vector artwork for them, most likely sometime toward the end of the year.

This time the 1/48 sets will come with one set of stencils, but the stencil sheet will be available separately. I will release a combined 1/72 scale set in a couple of months.

I look forward to the 1/72 sheet! I visited Anatolian Eagle last month, and was suprised to see so many new markings, including two squadrons having applied markings to their brand new Block 50+ airframes.

And don' t forget the Phantoms pretty please!

Is there any possibility that these Turk AF F-16C markings will be released in 1:32 scale as well?

I am usually a bit skeptical about the financial viability of non-US subjects in 1/32 scale, but I will have to make an exception for my birthplace. So the answer is yes, I will release a few 1/32 scale Turkish F-16 sheets early next year - knowing full well that I most likely will end up losing money.

Good news! I've been waiting for these!

(such as the new 152.Filo tail which uses the tail pitot as part of the design in a pretty clever way!).

FYI that is actually the housing for the refueling light, not a pitot. The light illuminates the top of the fuselage around the refueling door.

OK, I stand corrected. The new 152 and 181 Filo schemes, as well as the orange-tail F-16s of the new weapons test unit will be on a separate sheet called "TuRAF 2015 Update" or something like that in a couple of months.