New Patrouille de France decals

Social media posts from the last few days confirm that the 60th year special scheme for the Patrouille de France is now finalized and is being painted on all airframes. I had already drawn the design when the first photos of the trials showed up on the Web a couple months ago; so it is time to announce my Patrouille de France Alpha Jet decal sheet.

cdat7201_promo2t.jpg

This sheet will be the first in a series of world aerobatics teams decals, hence the new serial number (CDAT7201). These will be very comprehensive sets with multiple sheets and pre-cut vinyl masks as necessary. My current plan is to sell these decals directly only, i.e. they will only be available from my Web site. I plan to release a new aerobatics team every few months.

My Patrouille de France sheet will feature enough general markings for two airframes, crew names and airplane serials for the 2013 season, and a full set of alphabet and digits so you can make up any PAF aircraft from the seasons past. My initial plan was to have the 60th year markings only, but seeing the great special schemes worn by PAF aircraft in the last 20 years changed my mind. So, this sheet will cover all Patrouille de France special tail decorations applied in the last 20 years! Getting all of these right took a couple months of work, but I think you will like the results. These are:

-60 years scheme, 2013

-75 years of the French Air Force, 2009

-55 years scheme, 2008

-50 years scheme, 2003

-EU presidency scheme

-50th year of VE Day, 1995

-40 years scheme, 1993

I will post the final layout next week. The 1/72nd sheet will be sized for the Heller/Revell kits and be available in summer; and the 1/48 sheet will be ready when the Kinetic Alpha Jet is finally released.

cdat7201_promo1t.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Really, great initiative in offering all those past schemes :thumbsup:

Please check PM. No reply necessary... :)

Later edit:

The following errors were found

The member KursadA cannot receive any new messages

This personal message has not been sent

:fight:

Edited by niki4703
  • 1 month later...

Hello!

What would be the status of these by now, please? :)

I'm off in a couple of weeks to the Airpower 2013 in Zeltweg (Austria), looking forward to see the Patrouille de France for the first time live and rushing then home and start my Heller kit.

Cheers!

P.S.: ...and something to get you guys all in the mood for the "Bleus" :D

Edited by niki4703

It's been delayed a little as I was waiting for a few photos from the Salon to finalize the list of correct serial numbers in the 2013 lineup. The sheet is mostly complete and I will send it to be printed soon.

• 1 year later...