Well well, I got something done!

We´ve had our annual plastic camp for middle-aged men, isolated from family and spouses for a weekend we focused on bad jokes and building models!

And among what I brought with me was this Bandai AT-ST and gosh I finished it in less than two days!

It´s an amazng piece of plastic engineering and precision, simply an awesome kit and the fit was unreal....so there is little else to tell about the build :P

So I finished and for my shootout I decided to break in my new camera, a Nikon D7200....and it made the studio shoot childishly simple.

Not only did it meassure the light with a press on a button it also had Wi-Fi! so instead of using a timed trigger and taking a couple of hundred pics to make sure

there is no blur, I simply installed an app in my phone and hooked it up to the camera and used it as a remote view finder and trigger!

I got away with less than 70 pics and removed half, and in all but one case the first pic in every move the model was perfect!

It was easier and faster to shoot and the pics are better...however I think it´s time to find a new blue background paper :P

Here´s some pics!

DSC_0618_zpsnsnlf9l3.jpg

DSC_0619_zpse0vhv5vc.jpg

DSC_0624_zps7gwcvpnp.jpg

DSC_0627_zps5nra38o5.jpg

DSC_0628_zpskz2berib.jpg

DSC_0631_zpsmlwnvopq.jpg

DSC_0632_zpsj6zvis4p.jpg

DSC_0634_zpsnsmfxohy.jpg

more in Episode II

Episode III

DSC_0656_zpsggreioon.jpg

DSC_0657_zpsjwna0lcb.jpg

DSC_0659_zpsry22w3y5.jpg

DSC_0661_zps3bhav4kq.jpg

DSC_0663_zpsqnww9zim.jpg

DSC_0665_zpsyxarpt7t.jpg

DSC_0667_zpsbhc84x9b.jpg

There...

A little note about the finish, I went with armor weathering instead of spaceship weatehring because I thought anything moving along the ground should be muddy and dirty...not just sooty like they are in the movies.

Cheers!

Janne,

Wow!! just two days to turn out a model to that standard. Your armor weathering is incredible. Not overly done by any means, but certainly done to the point that anyone looking at your Si-Fi model would just assume that it's been in the field for quite some time.

You know that I've followed everyone of your builds since I ran into you here on ARC, and I have to say that your weathering just continues to amaze me. With each model you just take one more step of that ladder of excellence. Well done my friend, very well done.

As for upgrading to a Nikon D7200, it's a tremendous DSLR. The more you use it for any type of photography, the more you're going to appreciate what it's capable of doing. I upgraded this past winter from my beloved D90 which replaced my D70S to a D7100, and I just can't believe the difference it has made in my photography, which is my other hobby. And like you, I really need to get a few new backgrounds as now I'm using just the raw painted walls.

Joel

Janne,

Wow!! just two days to turn out a model to that standard. Your armor weathering is incredible. Not overly done by any means, but certainly done to the point that anyone looking at your Si-Fi model would just assume that it's been in the field for quite some time.

You know that I've followed everyone of your builds since I ran into you here on ARC, and I have to say that your weathering just continues to amaze me. With each model you just take one more step of that ladder of excellence. Well done my friend, very well done.

As for upgrading to a Nikon D7200, it's a tremendous DSLR. The more you use it for any type of photography, the more you're going to appreciate what it's capable of doing. I upgraded this past winter from my beloved D90 which replaced my D70S to a D7100, and I just can't believe the difference it has made in my photography, which is my other hobby. And like you, I really need to get a few new backgrounds as now I'm using just the raw painted walls.

Joel

Thanx Joel :D/>

I'm always curious to try out new things...I'm not comfortable with not evolving as a modeller, entropy gets us in the end anyways ;P

I use colored carton sheets as backdrops...cheap and easy to handle, just roll them up when not needed :)/>

Edited by Aigore

NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a gorgeous piece of work right there. Something you might want to think about getting for your photography is a lightbox. It has made all the difference in the world. Also, a tripod will give you rock solid pictures everytime. When I do a shoot now, I can use 99% of the pictures I take. The only thing I do to adjust the photos is resize them and sharpen them because I shoot JPG. My P-47 shot was essentially downloaded from the camera, put on my hosting site, and then put on ARC. I'm sure there are other things that can be done, but if I can get a picture like that, then anyone can!

6583265_orig.jpg

Edited by Darren Roberts

NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a gorgeous piece of work right there. Something you might want to think about getting for your photography is a lightbox. It has made all the difference in the world. Also, a tripod will give you rock solid pictures everytime. When I do a shoot now, I can use 99% of the pictures I take. The only thing I do to adjust the photos is resize them and sharpen them because I shoot JPG. My P-47 shot was essentially downloaded from the camera, put on my hosting site, and then put on ARC. I'm sure there are other things that can be done, but if I can get a picture like that, then anyone can!

6583265_orig.jpg

Thanx Darren :D

Yup, a lightbox is on the list, I guess you're thinking of the criss-crossing shadows.

I've always used a tripod, it's a must with the high aperture settings I'm using.

The focal depth is rather short on this model since it's small but when I shoot long aircrafts I have several seconds of shutter time.

I always shoot in RAW so I have the full range to work with when I edit the pics.

While I don't have a light box as yet, but I do use a 3 light setup, and a tripod. And like Janne I always shoot in RAW. Depth of Field has always been my biggest concern, so long exposures with a high f stop is mandatory. Grab shots during a work session is usually hand held just for convenience.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Jann, you probably know all this....but my final studio shots (the good ones) I use a sync flash with umbrella reflectors @ ISO 100, F-Stop 22+, Shutter 1/100 in RAW.

181int_img_0537.jpg

Oh, you're certainly kitted out :P I shoot iso 100, aperture f36, 5" shutter...no flash.

LOL, btw I've seen that interceptor before :P

Nice job my friend!

Your Star Wars collection now will be very important,and all the models with the same great quality!

Congratulations again,also from my brother ( with my disappointment actually it freezed his job in various scratched figure like Dart Vader,Boba Fett,Aayla Secura and at least a pair oc Clone Commanders....).

Cheers,

Gianni

Nice job my friend!

Your Star Wars collection now will be very important,and all the models with the same great quality!

Congratulations again,also from my brother ( with my disappointment actually it freezed his job in various scratched figure like Dart Vader,Boba Fett,Aayla Secura and at least a pair oc Clone Commanders....).

Cheers,

Gianni

Thanx Gianni :D

There might be one or two subjects I'll revisit in the future :D