Isracast 1/72 Texan II/Harvard II

I just got my kit from Hannants (the last couple of deliveries took longer than usual)

This one: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ISC72006

I'm glad I ordered this for a Canadian Harvard II as otherwise I don't know if I could pick a scheme from the great decal sheet as there are 12 schemes to choose from with a further choice of 7 different Squadron markings if you choose USAF, just a great decal. After the 1/48th injection kit I had hoped someone would do an injection kit in 1/72 but I can certainly live with this Resin kit as it looks just great and includes photoetch, white metal landing gear legs and mask as well as the great decal sheet. There are 4 US Navy schemes, Iraqi, USAF (1 scheme but 7 different Squadron tail markings)Greek, Moroccan, Mexican, Israeli, New Zealand and Canadian plus stencils and even decals for the det cord in the canopy. The kit also provides T6A and T6B/C cockpits and a vac form canopy. All in all a great looking kit and well worth looking into for 1/72 fans.

Cheers

Bruce

I just built two of them for FSM Workbench Review. Quick notes: canopy is sub par, some decals are too large to fit, nose wheel is way too small, some errors in instructions and paint-scheme/decal drawings.

DSCN9129_zpsldaidszp.jpg

Yes the Grand kit does look nice too but it didn't help me because I wanted the Canadian markings. The separate controls would be nice but the cockpit is only a T6A format,

while Isracast gives a second set of instrument panels and fairings for a T6B/C. This doesn't affect me as Harvard IIs are T6As but some of the other markings Grand give are not T6As and you would need the other cockpit for those. The Grand weapons/tanks are an added feature and I agree with Paul about the landing gear on the Isracast being wanting but I have never been a fan of white metal gear. Yeah I noticed some errors in the instructions but that was because I also used other references which I believe most modelers do. All in all I'm satisfied with what I got...