Kit Bash Acad/HB F-111

I am having a hell of a time trying to mate the Squadron canopy to the HB F-111 to correct the kit's bulged looking canopy. I am ready to give up.

Does anyone know if you can mate the escape capsule from the new tool F-111C to the HB kit? It's a more expensive solution but I've trashed two squadron canopies.

Thanks!

Yep its certainly possible. I managed to get it done a few years back but then I gave up when I realised all the other inaccuracies of the HB kit. You will have to use a bit of putty and sanding to blend it all together but not as much as I thought it would take. I think someone else did it and posted photos of the finished build on another forum but I cant recall which one it was. Good luck :)

If you reach an impasse, know that the front portion sawed off alone fits like a charm, and that paired with the kits side pieces opened there is almost no perceptible 'error'. True 'dat.

Edited by metroman

Thanks you all for your suggestions. I like the level of detail in the HB kit and the fits seems to be pretty good. My only issue so far with this kits is the bulged canopy. I can live with everything else. I'd like to avoid having to buy the Acad kit. The squadron canopy would have worked except that I got some CA on the clear portion. I guess I'll get a couple of Squadron canopies and star over.