In with Dragon's 1/35 M48A3 Mod. B Patton tank. I will be adding Legends Productions mantlet cover and searchlight set along with their Vietnam #2 stowage set. Also adding Friulmodel tracks, Voyager PE and aluminum barrel sets, wheels from BitsKrieg, figures from Alpine(maybe) and a drive sprocket and rear panel correction set from DefModel. I will be using the markings from the vehicle pictured on the box art, "Wild One 4" for this build. I found this photo online and I had to build it. Plus....I LIKE TEETH. :fight:

4527180999_d66bd2b19a_b.jpg

20150828_221509_zps9rojbq4c.jpg

Edited by AVGBob

I am starting off with an A-7A of VA-93 on the Midway. The Fujimi 1/72 kit, with

Microscale decals. If I get time my second build will be a 1/72 F-4J of VF-142 Ghost Riders.

I may use an older 1/72 Revell F-4J but if not I will substitute a Monogram

or Fujimi one.---John

CorsairII%201_zpsozyswsjh.jpg

Edited by john53

I am starting off with an A-7A of VA-93 on the Midway. The Fujimi 1/72 kit, with

Microscale decals. If I get time my second build will be a 1/72 F-4J of VF-142 Ghost Riders.

I may use an older 1/72 Revell F-4J but if not I will substitute a Monogram

or Fujimi one.---John

CorsairII%201_zpsozyswsjh.jpg

John

I will see your VA-93 off the USS MIDWAY with VA-56 (A-7A) and raise you a VF-151 (F-4B). all we need now is for someone to build aircraft from VFP-63, VAW-115, VAQ-130, HC-1, VA-115 and VF-161 and we will have CVW-5 covered for the 1972-1973 WestPac. Who's in with us?

I'd be really interested in seeing coverage of an entire air wing for a specific cruise. I'd recommend someone with big ambitions tackle CVW-9's famous 1971-72 cruise in 1/32! Probably rare (especially so in 1/32) is that nearly all the "main" squadrons are covered in decal form for this specific cruise:

VF-92 - Fox One

VF-96 - Tamiya & Yellowhammer

VA-146 - Victory

VA-147 - Victory

VA-165 - AOA

In any case, I look forward to seeing all the Vietnam build (land and sea too)

Once my thumb has healed up enough that it doesn't hurt when I breathe on it (hopefully less than 2 weeks), I'll be in with:

1 - RF-4C of 12 TRS "Carolina Kangaroo" flown by Sqn Ldr A. R. Reed of the RAAF, and

2 - F-4D of 497 TFS in SEA with black undersides.

If time permits, I'll also get a third one in, probably an F-4B of VMFA-542, or possibly even an RAAF Canberra.

I will see your VA-93 off the USS MIDWAY with VA-56 (A-7A) and raise you a VF-151 (F-4B). all we need now is for someone to build aircraft from VFP-63, VAW-115, VAQ-130, HC-1, VA-115 and VF-161 and we will have CVW-5 covered for the 1972-1973 WestPac. Who's in with us?

Well, I have two sets for VF-161 Phantoms, but both are post-Vietnam (one F-4S in lowviz, and one F-4S in high viz with the all-black spine). What were they flying then? Could the black-spine Sierra decals be adapted for whatever they were flying in 72-73? (if they even were flying F-4s).

Once my thumb has healed up enough that it doesn't hurt when I breathe on it (hopefully less than 2 weeks), I'll be in with:

1 - RF-4C of 12 TRS "Carolina Kangaroo" flown by Sqn Ldr A. R. Reed of the RAAF, and

2 - F-4D of 497 TFS in SEA with black undersides.

If time permits, I'll also get a third one in, probably an F-4B of VMFA-542, or possibly even an RAAF Canberra.

Well, I have two sets for VF-161 Phantoms, but both are post-Vietnam (one F-4S in lowviz, and one F-4S in high viz with the all-black spine). What were they flying then? Could the black-spine Sierra decals be adapted for whatever they were flying in 72-73? (if they even were flying F-4s).

Litvyak

They were flying the F-4B as well. I see a possible future Group Build in this! In fact I have been gathering decals to recreate the CVW-5 as it was when I was with VFA-151 back in 1988-1990.

Edited by tosouthern66

Plan is

1st Special Hobby 1:72 AH-1G Cobra 'Thor's Hammer'

2nd Pink Team in action diorama

Special Hobby 1:72 AH-1G Cobra + Italeri 1:72 OH-6A 1 of 9th Cav

I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish the dio by the deadline, but I'll try to at least finish both helicopters

3rd Fujimi 1:72 A-6A Intruder (VMA(AW)-225 Vikings); modified from A-6E boxing

I'd be really interested in seeing coverage of an entire air wing for a specific cruise. I'd recommend someone with big ambitions tackle CVW-9's famous 1971-72 cruise in 1/32! Probably rare (especially so in 1/32) is that nearly all the "main" squadrons are covered in decal form for this specific cruise:

VF-92 - Fox One

VF-96 - Tamiya & Yellowhammer

VA-146 - Victory

VA-147 - Victory

VA-165 - AOA

In any case, I look forward to seeing all the Vietnam build (land and sea too)

This is actually a long term project of mine, in 1/72. I have a RA-5C built, and might build a VF-96 F-4J and a VA-146 A-7E for this GB, using Wolfpak decals.

I don't have everything for the air wing yet, but I do know where to find most things, even though some are quite rare now.

VF-92; Fox One

VF-96; Wolfpak

VA-146; Wolfpak

VA-147; ?

VA-165; Fujimi kit

RVAH-11; Superscale

VAQ-130; Hasegawa kit

VAW-116; Fujimi kit

HC-1; ?

No! we're there!! I've overslept! I thought You were going to wake me up for this one ;)/>

In the months, while awaiting for this GB to start, I've devised a terryfyingly terrific plan :)/> muaaahahahaa!

Vietnam%252520War%252520GB%252520build%252520plan.JPG

Now I just have to figure out how am I going to build all of this in 6 months.

Good luck folks! :cheers:/> This is going to be great! :D/>

Edit: I did get a brand new tube of putty for this.

Edited by Thadeus

The mayhem starts today... (had my granddaughter over for a sleepover last night so building was out of the question..)

Here's what I'm going to start my contribution to the GB with:

1/72 UH-1D slick, Italeri boxing (most likely the Esci version, by the looks of it). Should be an easy build, as I've built quite a few over the years...

SAM_3011_zpsxhrw6hcc.jpg

SAM_3010_zpstjtwye46.jpg

I will only be airbrushing the outside, he inside will be brushpainted.

The other pics show what I'm going to be building after I've finished the Huey.

SAM_3012_zpsapjiegwd.jpg

I do need to exhcange the "Bigfoot" truck for the normal 5 ton truck, to be used in an M113 guntruck conversion.

The C-47 will be in "the Voice" livery (French Air Force, somewhere in the early 50's)

That's all for now folks, I'm off to the bench.

Harald

Edited by PhantomPhreakII

No! we're there!! I've overslept! I thought You were going to wake me up for this one ;)/>/>

In the months, while awaiting for this GB to start, I've devised a terryfyingly terrific plan :)/>/> muaaahahahaa!

Vietnam%252520War%252520GB%252520build%252520plan.JPG

Now I just have to figure out how am I going to build all of this in 6 months.

Good luck folks! :cheers:/>/> This is going to be great! :D/>/>

Edit: I did get a brand new tube of putty for this.

Good to see my MiG-21 won't be fighting alone.

I'm going to start things off with an old Monogram M48A2. I picked this up on clearance for $9 and remember building this kit around 1978 or 79 so this is just kind of a fun build.

M481_zpsueg1mddy.jpg

I've had this in the stash for several years looking for an excuse to build it, I think this may provide the proper motivation.

Mule1_zpsbdh0ocmd.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I'm in with an FAC. This is the old Model USA Bird Dog. Got 3 of them a long time back, but never had the motivation to get going. This seems a perfect incentive. Hopefully it's enough time. I can see lots of scratch building to update it.

[IMG_3140_zpsy1nboxus.jpg

Regards

Triet