Kursad with the profusion of kits in all scales for the beloved "Herky Bird" we will ever see some sheets for the C-130?...In the Air National Guard squadrons they alone have some markings and paint schemes that would be of great interest to many!!!

Kursad with the profusion of kits in all scales for the beloved "Herky Bird" we will ever see some sheets for the C-130?...In the Air National Guard squadrons they alone have some markings and paint schemes that would be of great interest to many!!!

1/144th scale is best for those big ol birds, but, I agree!

Jeff

Edited by jefropas

I always thought this would be a good seller as well (1/72). I've always wanted a Missouri ANG set. The old Oklahoma ANG were the best looking ones in my opinion.

David

I would have to definitely agree, especially with 1/144th scale. The reason is you would have the ability to model everything from the "B" model to the newer "J-30" model. Between all the ANG birds, and then throw in all the Non-US birds, one could have an extremely varied collection ! Well worth the time !

I have a host of C-130 decals under development, for all arms of the US military (USAF/USN/USMC). However, it is a bit early in the development cycle to assign a product number and announce anything. The 1/72 scale KC-135 decals were in development for six months before I even hinted at their existence!

I will let you guys know as soon as I am ready to announce them, but rest assured these are coming.

Edited by KursadA

I’m a big fan of the Minicraft 1/144 C-130 kits and keep hoping that one of the aftermarket companies will eventually step up and produce conversion kits for it.

In the meantime I’d be curious to hear if modelers would be willing to do their own conversions if someone like Caracal produced decals for the HC, MC, etc. variants of the aircraft.

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

Steven,

While it may not be perfect, attached is a conversion to the Minicraft H Model , to the MC-130H Combat Talon II. I also enjoy the Minicraft kit, even with it's problems (Specifically the engine intakes ! ) But generally it is a decent kit with almost unlimited conversion potential. We just really need some varied marking sheets !

Any critiques on the model are welcomed.

Bruce :thumbsup:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

DSC01340_zps959203f0.jpg

DSC01344_zps6210da92.jpg

DSC01395_zpsdd1f597a.jpg

Edited by Trash hauler

I'm with Bruce; the kit has some flaws but is definitely buildable. I've built the WC-130J, and I am currently working on a KC-130H. I have 5 more kits in the stash, so I'd definitely be interested in any conversions.

Edited by Kingoalie

Like everyone else I would love to see decals for the C-130 especially in 1/144.

Bruce, did you make that Combat Talon conversion? Or is this a conversion set that is available some where? I've always wanted to do a Combat Talon.

Ron

It looks good Bruce! Hopefully someone will come along and make some conversion sets for the kit. Have you thought about making copies of the ones you made? That nose looks like it would be a real pain to make.

Ron

Hey Jeff! Have you sent Kursad any pictures of Peoria's planes? I'm sure I have some around if he is interested.

Ron

No sir, the markings for Peoria are in the Minicraft boxing, but are the wrong color...plus my Peoria 130 pics are olllld...

Jeff

Edited by jefropas

I have sufficient references for IL ANG C-130s based at Peoria, folks - not sure what is going to go on the sheet yet, but it will be a fairly comprehensive affair like the KC-135R sheet. It is highly likely Peoria will be there.

Edited by KursadA

Back in the mid 70s there were several A.N.G. units still flying with the old Roman nose configuration. They would often fly into Littlerock and sit on the transit ramp for hours, and sometimes a day or two. They did stand out from the normal trash haulers.

This one I found at Sheppard A.F.B. It was being used as a training unit and I had been told that it was once powered by piston engines instead of turbo props.

scan0048-5_1.jpg

Back in the mid 70s there were several A.N.G. units still flying with the old Roman nose configuration. They would often fly into Littlerock and sit on the transit ramp for hours, and sometimes a day or two. They did stand out from the normal trash haulers.

This one I found at Sheppard A.F.B. It was being used as a training unit and I had been told that it was once powered by piston engines instead of turbo props.

scan0048-5_1.jpg

Uh huh. Told by someone who either doesn't know aircraft or was looking to pull a fast one on you. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kursad,

can we have decals of this bird in 1/48th please?

__ARC_zpsnd7hvjoo.jpg

C-130 H Hercules 90-1794, 179th AW, OH ANG

The pic's not mine (was sent to me) but this is a H-model Herc I definitely want to do - and the paintjob makes me want to invest the time in the old Italeri kit :-)

Hi Kursad,

can we have decals of this bird in 1/48th please?

__ARC_zpsnd7hvjoo.jpg

C-130 H Hercules 90-1794, 179th AW, OH ANG

The pic's not mine (was sent to me) but this is a H-model Herc I definitely want to do - and the paintjob makes me want to invest the time in the old Italeri kit :-)

....and 1/72 of course!

I have a few more pictures of this one if your need refs Kursad

Edited by Trojan Thunder

OK, I am sold - I don't know about 1/48 though, those invasion stripes will be mighty big. Let me include it in the upcoming 1/72 sheet, and we will think about 1/48 later. You are cleared to send any anbd all refs to me at info AT caracalmodels.com.

Edited by KursadA