First photo-etched detail set from Caracal

I will be releasing my first photo-etched detail set in late Summer: the first one is a set of blade antennas commonly found on US/NATO aircraft. It is a carefully designed set covering a wide variety of actual general purpose UHF/VHF blade antennas; drawn using the manufacturer drawings as reference. I will post images fairly soon.

I have been toying with designing PE parts for a while, both "flat" sets like this one as well as more intricate sets that could depict 3D shapes with folding. After a number of prototypes that I had made locally, I think I got the hang of it. I also ended up writing some software to automate parts of the process, much like the software I had developed to speed up my decal design flow.

These parts will be made in China for me I will also design pre-colored cockpit sets, which will be produced by Eduard for me.

If you have suggestions for any PE sets that you would like to see from Caracal Models in the future, please let me know!

Edited by KursadA

Yes, good news! In the Suggestions Box, howzabout a decent p/e set for the Kitty Hawk Cougars? Eduard don't seem interested, and the kit stuff is pretty lame. I imagine the same will go for the Banshee(s) when released...

Foldable stainless etched flexible 50 cal. ammo feed chutes. For me in 1/48, others will need them in their scales. Money, if you can figure out how to do it.

Rick L.

Edited by Spruemeister

I'd love to see a small set with USAF and USN style chaff/flare buckets, in 1/72

There's some PE sets that have them, but they are pretty universal and would be applicable across platforms. I find that Decals are a passable solution, but not that great.

Cheers,

Hoops