CD144001 - 1/144 KC-135R

CD144001 will be the first 1/144 sheet from Caracal Models - it will feature markings for the KC-135R. I have been working on a 1/72 sheet for the KC-135R for a while, but decided to prioritize the 1/144 sheet in the face of market dynamics.

I intend to expand my 1/144 line in the future. My subjects in this scale will be mostly larger aircraft like transports and bombers.

Edited by KursadA

Kursad,

That is Outstanding news ! Especially if there might be more for us "Smurf" modelers. Obviously there are plenty of subjects...C-130's (All kinds and colors) C-17's, C-135's, B-52's, B-1's (Da Bone ! ) , Vulcans, Victors (Shortly), C-119's, C-123's, C-47's, etc.etc. The list just goes on and on. Granted us "wee modelers" are a smaller group (pun intended !) But with more after market support the scale will definitely grow in popularity. And don't forget the Airbus A400 M was just released by Revell - so there is more than enough material. You made my day, anyway. :thumbsup:/> :thumbsup:/> :thumbsup:/>

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to this sheet! I think I found a quick fix for the Minicraft canopy issue: Skyline Models 737 part.

John

John

I believe that Fisher Model will be issuing several update sets to correct the engines as well as the windshield area of the Minicraft kit.

• 5 months later...

This sheet has been finished a while ago, and has just been waiting for a suitable opening in the release schedule. Next month is a good time, so I will send it to be printed this weekend. It should be available in mid-November.

It is basically a straightforward scaled-down version of the 72nd scale sheet, with exactly the same options; but national insignia and stencilling (appropriately simplified for the scale) for two aircraft. Some minor adjustments have been made to ensure a good fit to the Minicraft kit.

Edited by KursadA

Would love to see some decals for early SAC 135A's in the 60's to 70's time frame. Even early 80's. Way more colorful.

Agreed, but unfortunately really poorly documented as well. Maybe I have not seen the right books, but I have not been able to find sufficient references for these. For the time being the only KC-135 sheets I am planning will depict the current KC-135R fleet.

Like your 1/72 sheet, I'll definitely buy this one too. Would at least be nice if someone would do up the data sheet with the high viz colors. Yellow crew/escape hatch outlines, large full color stars and bars and the full sized USAF and US Air Force's would be nice additions. I personally think the decals that come with Minicrafts 1/144 135A kit is totally lacking.

Don

• 1 month later...

This sheet has been finished a while ago, and has just been waiting for a suitable opening in the release schedule. Next month is a good time, so I will send it to be printed this weekend. It should be available in mid-November.

It is basically a straightforward scaled-down version of the 72nd scale sheet, with exactly the same options; but national insignia and stencilling (appropriately simplified for the scale) for two aircraft. Some minor adjustments have been made to ensure a good fit to the Minicraft kit.

Any news on a release date for this sheet? Soon I hope.

Don

• 2 weeks later...