USAF Europe Vipers

Dear Kursad,

Could you please consider arranging for some USAF Europe Vipers sheets?

The USAF Europe Viper units have been poorly covered through history, and given the number of units flying the Viper over the years should warrant these being given some love ;)

50 TFW

496 TFS

313 TFS

10 TFS

Firstly flying F-16A/B Block 10/15, then Block 25 before shortly flying Block 40/42 just before disbandment. 10TFS participated in DS1

86 TFW

512 TFS

526 TFS

Firstly flying F-16C/D Block 25 before transitioning to Block 30 (Creek Claxton)

401 TFW

612 TFS

613 TFS

614 TFS

Firstly flying F-16A/B Block 10/15, then Block 30. 614TFS participated in DS1

81 TFW

527 Agressor squadron/TFTS (well covered by Afterburner decals a few years ago)

I have deliberatelly not included the 31FW in this lineup as the 31FW/555FS was very well covered by Afterburner decals, and the 31FW/510FS is in line by the New Company from the guys that was behind ABD.

All units except the 527TFTS had a number of jets throught the years With special markings to liven up any ordinary line markings.

With the multitude of Block flown and time these units flew the Viper, you can either arrange these by Unit (wing), type (A/B, C/D or Block Version) or mix'n'match as you see fit

From the "old days", as far as I know only Microscale/Superscale did some of these units (single Aircraft only) and nothing since? Aeromaster did one or two aswell, but nothing good, nothing covering these units well.

Reference photos should be fairly good from all timeframes over at www.F-16.net and other Places

Thanks! :)

Something like this has been on my mind for a while. There are a bunch of very adequate walkarounds of several very attractive USAFE aircraft. Have any of these been done before?

512TFS flagship

86TFW flagship

With the CAS Vipers and the Makos sheet in the pipeline, I had lots of F-16 coverage in the last two months though. I would hate to turn into one of those "all teen fighters, all the time" companies that I detested so much they forced me to enter the business. I will get started with this project; but it probably will not materialize within the next few months.

Edited by KursadA

The 512th Flagship was an OOB option in the Hasegawa Kit V4. The markings are also boxed with the RoG 1/32 F-16.

AFAIK it was also covered by Microscale in at least 1/48 and 1/72. Not sure about that 86th flagship, it might be included on the Microscale sheets.

However, no decals for Block 30 line jet were made for the 512th or 526th until now.

Edited by Lancer512

Something like this has been on my mind for a while. There are a bunch of very adequate walkarounds of several very attractive USAFE aircraft. Have any of these been done before?

Superscale covered -1412 on sheet 32-77 and 48-1031, and both -1412 and -1464 on sheets 48-344 and 72-576.

Kit decals for -1412 were done by Hasegawa and Revell in 32nd, Hasegawa in 48th, and AMT, Esci and Mastercraft in 72nd. DML also kitted it in 144th.

Hasegawa also did -1464 in 32nd (kit S27 had both -1412 and -1464)

With the CAS Vipers and the Makos sheet in the pipeline, I had lots of F-16 coverage in the last two months though. I would hate to turn into one of those "all teen fighters, all the time" companies that I detested so much they forced me to enter the business.

I understand the "all teen fighters, all the time" reluctance but I think there is a market for sheets covering units that have received little/no attention in scale, regardless of their teen/no teen status. Not to hi-jack this USAFE thread but I think a companion sheet to your "Fighters of Austin" would do well - "Fighters of Florida" covering Homestead's 31st TFW (both ZF and HS tails), McDill's 56th TFW (MC) and Moody's 347th TFW (MY). OK, Moody's actually in Georgia but only ~20 miles from the Florida border....

Two other "never done" squadrons (TTBOMK) include Tinker's 465 TFS 507 TFG (SH tailed Block 10s) and NOLA's 706 FS 926 FW (NO tailed Block 30s).

Regardless of what has been done in the past, the problem With these are often that they were made in a time when computer Tools where not of todays standards, and decal printing equally poor With out of register printing etc.

So, a decent sheet from a mastermind would be very well received :)

PS! Like many other sheets you have, release can be stretched over some time in order to not let inflation in subject kill the market ;)