This group of pictures were posted a few weeks ago. The next posting will show progress. What I did is combine the Cutting edge seamless intake with Aires wheel bay set. It was a difficult merge and as the pictures show, I did break through is a couple of areas. These photos look like a butcher got a hold of the project.

Intake-1.jpg

Intake-2.jpg

Intake-3.jpg

Intake-4.jpg

Intake-5.jpg

Intake-6.jpg

Edited by drhornii

Now for the finished results, good as new. I had to remove a ton of resin on the MLG bay to accept the intake trunk. You can see repair areas from an earlier attempt of fitting the Seamless suckers intake and cut too much away.

****edit****

To help minimize cleanup in the intake where I broke through, put some scotch tape inside the intake over the holes. Glue the wheel well inside the intake using 2 part epoxy. Once the epoxy is cures, remove the tape and the epoxy basically fills the hole in the intake and the tape makes the epoxy follow the intake trunking contour.

intake-rep-1.jpg

intake-mlgwell.jpg

intake-mlg-inside.jpg

Edited by drhornii
that sure takes some courage. You've got it looking pretty good, though.

Is this going to be 89-2167?

Jake

yes it is, what choice do I have? Not sure if they received the second "D" model yet but I may be out there Thursday night. Working on a new contact out there since Krunch moved to DFW.

Thinking of doing a different tail flash but not sure yet. Since I have low vis Indian head, I may do full color on one side then low vis on the other with a few colors painted. I would add scaffolding and a tech in the process of painting the tail colors on. I really suck at figures so not sure what I will actually do yet, just an idea.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi David,

How's your D coming? I'm just starting a D bk42 myself so I'll be paying more attention to your project.

Gary F

All the intake mods & gear bays are in and painted white. Flare buckets are in and cockpit is painted, just having issues with how much to cut on the sills to match the BB cockpit. Slow progress but getting there, will post a new thread in a week or two.