Well here goes, a shot of the instrument panel and the seat of the Hasegawa Spitfire Mk VIII LF. The cockpit is stock from the kit, and the seat is Ultracast I think, it was loose in my spitfire accessories box. The kit fits great, just some tape holding things together.

Ron

SSCN2687.jpg

Edited by is it windy yet?

Yeah Mark, it is an VIII, too bad you can edit titles. Yes its the kit decal instrument panel. Hit with some Mr Mark Softer, a stroke of Tamiya red on a needle and knob or two. Then some Tamiya clear on the instrument faces. Then some drybrushing, a bit too much from the photo it appears.

Ron

I tried painting on the code letter, I don't trust the watermark sheets quality. So I tried painting them, I don't like the results, so I think I'll strip the paint and start again. I can pinch the decals that I need from two Tamiya Mk Vb Trop kit decals. That kit is coded in white AN@V, so I can use the AN, then pinch the 2nd A from a second set of decals.

Ron

DSCN2699.jpg

Kudos for having a go at the painted on version - you got it better than I ever have. If you're not happy with it, though, it's best to change it, because it'll only bug you. Shame to lose that lovely camo, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

• 1 month later...

Well report cards and parent teacher interviews are done, and I was able to get back to the bench. Too bad I forgot about the seat not being red on late versions of the spitfire, oh well I might get around to fixing it someday. I ended up sanding the painted codes down, and respraying the areas in sand and brown again. I used about 4 sets of decals for the codes from the Tamiya Vb trop kit, two sets of decals shattered on me. Thanks to those that were able to send me the decals. I thinking of Stocky Edwards kittyhawk or the new Tamiya storch to keep the desert theme alive.

Ron

DSCN2788.jpg

DSCN2787.jpg

DSCN2786.jpg

DSCN2785.jpg