Great pics of a fantastic aircraft. Here is a few from the Combat Air Museum in Topeka, KS. This T-33 was in the restoration Bldg. waiting to be worked on. Anyone know the tail markings? Don M.

Firstdigitalpics186.jpg

Firstdigitalpics189.jpg

Firstdigitalpics187.jpg

Edited by viper50
Great pics of a fantastic aircraft. Here is a few from the Combat Air Museum in Topeka, KS. This T-33 was in the restoration Bldg. waiting to be worked on. Anyone know the tail markings? Don M.

That is the squadron patch for the 13th FIS. Pretty neat!

My T-Bird from the 95th FITS at Tyndall AFB. I was there from 1984 through 1986.

1.jpg

18.jpg

"High Tech" cockpit - no "Fly-by-Wire" sissy stuff for us...

26.jpg

A cartoon I did using photo elements of my jet on an original Willy Peters cartoon

Cartoon7.jpg

Some patches I wore at Tyndall

Patch12.jpg

Patch8.jpg

And the "World Famous" Mr. Bones :D

Mr-Bones-small.jpg

Hitch

I was talking about the fuselage emblem in the top two photos. After looking at it, to me it looks like the emblem of U.S.A.F.E. (Air Force Europe).

Sprumeister, do you have a closeup shot of the T-33's emblem?

Sorry, I'm just a little sensitive about the 5th FIS, since I spent two years with them.

I found this T-33 pic I took back in 2002. It is at the Gatlinburg Warbird Museum. I shot this while still using the Canon A-1 on film. I am headed back up there in a couple weeks and plan to go back to the museum to see if they have anything new. Don M.

Img26.jpg

I was talking about the fuselage emblem in the top two photos. After looking at it, to me it looks like the emblem of U.S.A.F.E. (Air Force Europe).

Ikar, I'm so sorry! I might get it right this time - I hope! :wacko: Must be the 1st Air Force insignia. When ADTAC went away all the FIS's fell under the 1st Air Force. When all the active duty FIS's went away all the National Guard, 'Air Defense' units fell under 1st Air Force. In fact the Air Defense mission was - for a time anyway - the only missions the Air Force had that were manned 100% by the Air National Guard. I'm not sure right now but think they still are. (As opposed to airlift, refueling, mud-moving, air superiority, etc.)

Not on a T-33 but here's the best shot I have of the 1st Air Force insignia on an F-106. Taken in 2000 at Wright-Pat...

58-0787_wpafb-1.jpg

Air Defense - TAC patch

http://www.f-106deltadart.com/patches/patches-adc/adtac.jpg

1st Air Force

http://www.1af.acc.af.mil/shared/media/gga...-070320-008.jpg

Edited by Mark O. Williams