Thought I'd post a few pic's of my latest project. I'm taking a break while I wait for my Zacto Models update to arrive (it's due sometime next week). I'm using the Aires Avionics Bays and Cockpit sets. The bays are completed and installed:

AvionicsStarboard.jpg

AvionicsPort.jpg

The Escapac seat is complete as well:

Escapac2.jpg

Escapac1.jpg

I'm using the MER's, TER's, and Mk 82's from Tamiya's F-4 kits, and the Rockeye cluster bombs are left over from Tamiya's F-15E. I've also used Eduard's F-4 armament set to detail the Mk. 82's:

Mk82.jpg

Mk82closeup.jpg

Cluster1.jpg

Cluster3.jpg

The fuel tanks are from Hasegawa's A-4 kits:

FuelTank.jpg

FuelTankFins.jpg

As you can see, very little of the actual kit has been used yet. Good thing I got it on sale! Hope you enjoy the pic's.

Here are a few photos of the instrument panel. I removed the Radio Frequency Repeater per the Zacto Models instructions, and I'll reattach it once I receive the correction set and see how far forward it needs to be placed. The Aires cockpit set is wonderful! Very detailed and it fits nicely. Comments are welcome please.

Dashboard4.jpg

Dashboard3.jpg

Dashboard1.jpg

Here are a few photos of the instrument panel. I removed the Radio Frequency Repeater per the Zacto Models instructions, and I'll reattach it once I receive the correction set and see how far forward it needs to be placed.
Yo Johnny,

Beautiful work so far!

Sorry but your package didn't make it out in Mondays' big shipment. It WILL ship tomorrow though...So sorry about the delay! I'd hand deliver it just to watch you build it if I could...

Your Su-27 combo will unfortunately be delayed until I get a new shipment of vacform canopies.

Watching with extreme interest!

Chris :)

i second that on the i/p how in the heck did you do that its outstanding. if thats a resin set i am sending you all mine to do for me. B)

I'd love to tell you that they look so good because of my superior modelling skill, but that would be stretching it, to say the least! In actuality, it's part of the Aires set. The front of the panel is photo etched, and the instruments are printed on a clear film. The panel gets painted, then the instruments are sandwiched between the panel and the resin. Pretty simple, but effective.

Yo Johnny,

Beautiful work so far!

Sorry but your package didn't make it out in Mondays' big shipment. It WILL ship tomorrow though...So sorry about the delay! I'd hand deliver it just to watch you build it if I could...

Your Su-27 combo will unfortunately be delayed until I get a new shipment of vacform canopies.

Watching with extreme interest!

Chris :)

Chris, I'm glad the A-7 parts will ship out tomorrow, but I didn't order any SU-27 parts, so please don't send me any of those!

Thank you all for your kind words.

John

Chris, I'm glad the A-7 parts will ship out tomorrow, but I didn't order any SU-27 parts, so please don't send me any of those!
Oops, mistaken identity!

Yours shipped on Monday then!

The other John Macksomethings parts will ship tomorrow... :)

PM inbound for further clarification...

B)

Here are a few photos of the painted Aires cockpit set. Truth be told, I'm not that thrilled with the final paint job, but most of the areas that I'm unhappy with won't be that visible once everything is installed. However, on the bright side, my Zacto correction set came yesterday! :) On first glance, it looks awesome! The resin is beautifully cast, and surprisingly flexible. As a matter of fact, the resin in the Aires is very forgiving as well. I'm used to resin being very brittle. The vacuformed canopy appears to be nicely formed as well.

cockpit5.jpg

cockpit4.jpg

cockpit3.jpg

cockpit2.jpg

cockpit1.jpg

Your pit looks nice to me!

BTW, nice back-drop in those pics :)

You'll need to do a little cutting on the pit to make the canopy frame fit, pic >>>here<<<.

Looking mighty fine!

Chris :o

Thanks Chris. I thought you'd like that background. :D I made the modification to the cockpit tub this morning:

modifiedcockpit.jpg

I also added the radio frequency indicator back to the instrument panel:

rfibare.jpg

rfifinished.jpg

Here are a few shots of the Zacto canopy before painting. The detail is outstanding:

canopyunfinished4.jpg

canopyunfinished1.jpg

After painting flat black, I dry brushed with dry Model Master Buffing Metalizer Magnesium to bring out the highlights. The wires and canopy seal were painted Gunship Gray to simulate rubber:

CanopyFinished1.jpg

CanopyFinished2.jpg

The Sidewinder rails supplied with the kit are woefully innaccurate (yes, I know, absolutely shocking seeing as it's a Trumpeter kit :worship: ). I'm using a spare set from a Tamiya F-4EJ kit. I'm not sure if they're completely accurate, but they're definitely better than the kit set:

SidewinderRails.jpg

I haven't decided whether or not to mount Sidewinders to the rails. I'm in the process of modifying the kit missiles using the front end of the AIM-9E's that came with the Tamiya F-4 kit. I'm not entirely pleased with the results, though.