B-26C Invader Monogram 1:48

Hi Guys

Here is my Korean War Douglas B-26C Invader from Monogram in 1:48 . The Orginal was build as a A-26B-61-DL with 6 Gun Hard Nose, the Serial Number was 44-34546. In the Year 1948 ,the B-26 Marauder out of Service from the USAF and the Invader became the B. The first flight from the Invader was 10 July 1942, Serialproduction 1943. The Serail Number 44-34546 was convert in a C with Glas-Nose and SHORAN Radar. In the Korean War he flight by the 17th Bomb Wing (light) /37th Bomb Squadron (light), he lost 13.01.1953 two Miles from Pusan and crash in to the sea. The 3 Pilots was dead by the crash. Capt.Eugene E.Bauwin , 2LT.Daniel L.Davis , A2C.Harlan P.Hall.

a1sg3.th.jpg

a2yg9.th.jpg

a3js9.th.jpg

a4ws1.th.jpg

Edited by Wild Weasel78

I use True Details Resin Wheels and Quickboost Resin Engine and Cowlings ,but it is not so good. The Parts a little bit to small and not correctet. The Intake under the Glas-Nose was scratch build, the SHORAN Radar is the Turret from the Kit ,but a little bit higher as the Turret with a Evergreen strip. The Model was new engraved but it is a hard job :whistle: ,he locks very better as the raised.

a5zl2.th.jpg

a6rb9.th.jpg

a7og7.th.jpg

a8ly9.th.jpg

Edited by Wild Weasel78

The black color was paint in the Korean war 1952-53. I brushed my Invader with Gunze gloss black and Gunze red. The Exhoustpipe was basic Revell 75 and later with Tamiya Smoke and Gunze Oel. I make a small Wheatering(correct ??) by my Invader with Oelpaint. But the pics are better as my not so good English :whistle:

a10dv2.th.jpg

a11pd3.th.jpg

a13xs3.th.jpg

a14ya5.th.jpg