:shoot: to start another lightie topic I thought I'd start with this 177 Cardinal. I think these are the most beautiful of all the single engined high wing Cessnas, especially in the 177 RG form. This one has the fixed gear. Photographed at Luskintyre a couple of months ago.

IMG_0781.jpg

:explode:,

Ross.

:D Now for some more. This first one is owned by the local parachute club and is an old straight tailed 182.

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

This next one is the Royal Newcastle Aero Clubs current Cessna 172, VH-RNL.

IMG_0335.jpg

Followed by one of the club's two 152s. The other is registered VH-RNQ.

IMG_0334.jpg

I did a fair bit of my flying training in these two and their predecessors VH-KOA and KOF.

Next is a privately owned 182.

IMG_0330.jpg

That's all for now,

:cheers:,

Ross.

The prettiest Cessna ever designed IMHO. The later variants with the swept tail, an later on, longer nose are nice, but nothing beats a square tail 310 for looks. It's where I got my nic inspiration from, watching old episodes of Skyking. Looking back at it now, the show was corny as all get out, the acting lame, Penny was annoying, but the in-flight shots of Songbird still raise goosebumps.

310BNatMet.jpg

This exceptionally attractive NM 310 is owned by Brant Aero, based in Brantford Ontario Canada. I snagged the picture from their website http://www.brantaero.com/about/ .

Ross just a side note on your 177 picture. Growing up as an airport brat at Tri-Cities Airport in Endicott NY, there was a fellow there that took delivery of the third production Cardinal off the assembly line. It was green and white, and featured in Cessna's advertising brochures. I can't recall the Registration number off hand, but I remember Jim giving me a ride in it when I was 10 years old. To this day I still have an affinity to the Cardinal.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by Skyking

I did a lot of my flying training at Cessnock, mostly in the Cherokees, but also flew the 152's. We had a couple of Texas Taildragger conversions - one of them reputedly owned by Bill Cosby's wife at one stage. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics - in those days, all I had was an el cheapo 110 cartridge camera...

That 310 is a beauty. Must admit that I liked the looks of the swept tail 310 more. Only 310 time I have was in a straight tail and I was not pleased with it, compared to a Navajo Chieftain it just wasn't all that much fun. Really a different class of airplane. Did get a few trips in a 320, 421 and a Conquest and they were nice. Piston twins...I like the Navajos, good airplanes from the early ones to the Chieftains. Might have something to do with the fact I had a fair amount of time in them?

But that 310 is GREAT!

:blink: Hi hawkwrench,

When I was learning to fly at Maitland there was a Cessna 337 based there. It sat there for years out in the open, the owner not going near it from one year's end to the next, then one day when I went for a lesson it was gone. When I enquired my instructor told me it had been sold to someone in Queensland. I hope it's still in the air, it's a shame to see any aeroplane just sitting there doing nothing, deteriorating and not being cared for or flown. On a sadder note there was a recent crash in Victoria involving a 337 going into the sea south east of Melbourne with the loss of all on board.

Ross.

Ok I'll jump in w/a few specialty schemed birds that the La Tech Flight Team did up for the NIFA Region IV SAFECON this year:

This first one I didnt have really anything to do with except the "Navy" titles on either side. Since all of our 172SPs are trimmed out in 2 shades of blue & yellow, we decided to do a demonstration team theme this year (hence the pseudo-Blue Angels appearance)

IMG_1855.jpg

Now for the good stuff, let me state up front that I'm not a big T-birds lover, but the first attempt at this scheme looked like horse pucky. Since I had a get-out-of-class card all week (I was deemed the picture taker of this shindig), I set out early one morning to rectify this mess, and I thing I pulled it off quite well.

IMG_1733.jpg

(Note, everywhere you see red on the fuselage/tail was once yellow, covering all of that up was a beast to say the least)

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

All of the markings were done w/colored duct-tape, and I think it took me about an hour & a half from start to finish. One day I intend to replicate my full scale handiwork on a Minicraft kit.

Ves :)

Edited by Vesper

:D Very nice Ves. Keep these shots coming fellas and any other shots of GA types you might have.

:D,

Ross.

ps. To all our friends on the other side of the Dateline I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy, safe and prosperous New Year. It's Christmas Day here (or at least Christmas night).

:nanner: A couple more Cessnas from my area. The first is an old straight tailed 172 that I shot last Saturday at Luskintyre. The next is a 180 belonging to a local parachuting club and is for sale. A bit too pricey for my likings, considering its previous history. Photo taken at Maitland.

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

The Maitland Parchute Club's 182. This is an interesting aircraft. It has a 206 engine and prop for rapid climbing.

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

Above are the RNAC's 2 Cessna 152s and the in the background their Jabiru J-170. Photos taken at Maitland.

;),

Ross.

Tomcatlover,Cool looking pic of the Cessna on final,One question though:What were you doing with a camera inside the airport traffic pattern while in a plane?Hopefully you were a passenger!!!Got anymore pics of those Cessnas?

• 3 years later...

Cessna 152 Rochester Airport Kent, UK September, 2011:

Picture247.jpg

Picture275.jpg

Cessna 150L Rochester Airport Kent, UK September, 2011:

Picture278.jpg

Picture350.jpg

Cessna 172 Skyhawk Rochester Airport Kent, UK October 1, 2011:

Picture376.jpg