Tiger Moths Park Here

• 7 months later...

:D A few more of Tigers undergoing major serviceing or complete overhaul. In the first pic are two Tigers undergoing work. The closer aircraft is undergoing a major service, the far one a complete rebuild.

Card19252-1.jpg

The closer Tiger has this long range tank installed in the front cockpit which would probably double the ferry range.

Card19253-1.jpg

Wonder if the far one is being restored for a Russian Air Force commander. The cockpit interior is close enough to Russian Blue it doesn't matter.

Card19254-1.jpg

Card19255-1.jpg

Card19257-1.jpg

:blink:,

Ross.

:D Hi Sean,

Those Tigers are beautiful but the Fox Moth is delicious. I'm planning to go to Watts Bridge just west of Brisbane for the annual Festival of Flight on the last weekend of this month so I should bring back some cuties for you, Tigers, maybe a Fox Moth and Hornet Moths, including, maybe, a very rare (these days) dH 87a with the pointy wing tips. You could probably count the whole world population of these on one hand these days. Most owners accepted the modification to square wingtips as it improved the stalls characteristics of the aircraft.

:rolleyes:,

Ross.

:D Hi Barney,

Great model. Is that a photoshop? I have that model in the stash and it's pretty good for its time. Having access to a Tiger Moth rebuilding facility only about 40 minutes drive away helps a lot too (that's where all my Tiger pics have been taken).

Sean,

they are great shots. the four seat Tiger is indeed a rare bird. A small number were converted in England in the 1950s to this configuration. It's called the Thruxton Jackaroo. While on the subject of enclosed Tigers, years ago whilst on holiday at Evans Head on the NSW far north coast I had a ride in an Aussie built tiger that had been retro fitted with a Canadian canopy. As I had a current unrestricted private pilot's licence back then the pilot allowed me to fly from just after take off to short short final, taking over only for the actually touchdown as I'd never taken off or landed a Tiger before. It was a great ride flying over the beaches and out a few hundred metres watching the dolphins frolic in the surf.

:cheers:,

Ross.

:lol: Hi Barney,

Great model. Is that a photoshop? I have that model in the stash and it's pretty good for its time. Having access to a Tiger Moth rebuilding facility only about 40 minutes drive away helps a lot too (that's where all my Tiger pics have been taken).

Sean,

they are great shots. the four seat Tiger is indeed a rare bird. A small number were converted in England in the 1950s to this configuration. It's called the Thruxton Jackaroo. While on the subject of enclosed Tigers, years ago whilst on holiday at Evans Head on the NSW far north coast I had a ride in an Aussie built tiger that had been retro fitted with a Canadian canopy. As I had a current unrestricted private pilot's licence back then the pilot allowed me to fly from just after take off to short short final, taking over only for the actually touchdown as I'd never taken off or landed a Tiger before. It was a great ride flying over the beaches and out a few hundred metres watching the dolphins frolic in the surf.

:) ,

Ross.

I once had a flight in a Tiger out of Moorabbin, and was allowed to have the controls after take-off until in the circuit. Nothing like an open cockpit on a 40C day....it was magic. My dad also went up the same day. I think I still have some pics floating around...it was finished in RAAF livery - silver dope with the yellow stripes, I can't remember the serial, though..

:D A few more of Tigers undergoing major serviceing or complete overhaul. In the first pic are two Tigers undergoing work.

Great shots, I'm not used to see Tigers in maintenance.

A while back, I draw (just for fun) some portuguese Tigers. Hope you like it:

Perfil2.jpg

Perfil1.jpg

Perfil-Marinha1.jpg

Perfil-Marinha2.jpg

Perfil-Tancos.jpg

Perfil-tigre.jpg

Regards:

João

These are STUNNING Classy Warbirds...Love the Tiger Moths and Gentlemen, your Photography is FLAWLESS.

STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL in flight too..

Thank you for posting them..And Jotapicos, you innovative coloring and profiles are EXQUISITE too.

HOLMES.. :D :wub:

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...

For a "significant" birthday a few years ago, MrsC :wub: bought me a trip in a Tiger; on a lovely August day I enjoyed a trip in G-APFU, including (as I have experience) flying it most of the time. That's me in the front, the airfield is Goodwood, better known in WWII as Westhampnett

IMG_1836.jpg

• 10 months later...