B-1B parking only

I figured I would start this topic as I love this plane. I know there are more of you out there like me, so lets get started.

These were taken Oct 2007 at the South Dakota Air and Space Musuem which is located outside the main gate to Ellsworth AFB.

Joel

Museum_1.jpg

Museum_2.jpg

83-0067

83-0067_08.jpg

83-0067

83-0067_06.jpg

Edited by Tiger15

You may have noted that the main gear tires and wheels were missing from the display. The PA (Public Affairs) for Ellsworth told me that the tires were needed for an operational B-1 so the maintainers took them.

83-0067

83-0067_04.jpg

Edited by Tiger15
You may have noted that the main gear tires were missing from the display. The PA (Public Affairs) for Ellsworth told me that the tires were needed for an operational B-1 so the maintainers took them.

83-0067

HOLY SMOKES!!! I've heard of folks canning some parts off of display birds before but never the wheels and tires!! Geez!

I swear, we in the USAF are going to have to start having bake sales to raise money soon. That or start putting advertising on our aircraft like NASCAR does with their cars. Anyone want to sponsor a C-130? Oh, we have B-1s at Dyess too!

"Flying on the Playtex '74-model for the 40th Airlift Squadron, Flight Engineer Williams carefully checks his charts for the Take Off and Landing Data card while simultaneously smacking the Navigator for not answering the checklist in a timely manner!"

It's going to be a long war.... ;)

Mark

Edited by Mark O. Williams
I swear, we in the USAF are going to have to start having bake sales to raise money soon. That or start putting advertising on our aircraft like NASCAR does with their cars. Anyone want to sponsor a C-130? Oh, we have B-1s at Dyess too!

Mark

Haaaaaa ;)

Here a couple of the front weapons bay

BombBay_1a.jpg

BombBay_1b.jpg

Here are a couple of the middle weapons bay

BombBay_2a.jpg

BombBay_2b.jpg

Unfortunately I have looked through all of my pictures and cannot find any of the rear weapons bay. I know I had one picture of that bay and it contained the auxillary fuel tank. If I find it I will post it.

Joel

Hi jinxx1,

never seen before pics from ole' puss. When and where they were taken ? It's 83-0066 from Mountain Home, isn't it ?

SOOO good to see one in old 3tone-camo.

regards, Hans

Hans,

She is indeed 83-0066, but at the time she was with the 96th BW at Dyess. The photo was taken in the spring of 1989 at the Amigo Airsho in El Paso, TX.