Red Flag 08-02.1 (Jan. 14-25, 2008)

Except for the strong wind, gloomy gray skies with spurts of sun which provided harsh lighting, and the lower to mid 50 degree temperature...it was a great day to shoot pictures lol! :cheers: All kidding aside...I spent yesterday freezing my butt off shooting out at Nellis during the first part (part 2 is in early February) of the current Red Flag Exercise. I'm hoping for some better weather over the next few days. Enjoy! :)

Snow covered mountains west of Las Vegas...

rf_011608_x1_002web.jpg

My company for the day..."What the hell are YOU looking at!!???"

rf_011608_x1_075web_bunny.jpg

Prowlers...

rf_011608_x1_300web.jpg

rf_011608_x1_308web.jpg

rf_011608_x1_341web.jpg

A couple of "artsy" out of the sun shots...

rf_011608_x1_360web.jpg

rf_011608_x1_376web.jpg

a lot of good shots, thanks for sharing them. One short qu : no F-15 aggressors there ?

No, they were pulled because all pilots apparently have to do some more training before being aggressor qualified again. Because of the Eagle grounding of course. But the fact they were pulled from the exercise doesn't mean they are not flying?

They are scheduled to participate in the February Flag :banana:

Thanks for the comments everybody they are greatly appreciated! :) The Aggressor F-15s were flying earlier in the morning while I was on my way there...I saw them in the air but didn't think whipping out the 100-400mm while driving sounded like a good idea at the time lol. :bandhead2: I'm hoping to catch them over the next few days. Thanks again to everybody for looking! :)

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys get these shots? Not these in particular, but all of them, specially the pics taken from the tarmac....do you guys work at the airport or on the jets themselves? Or do they let civilians down to take shots like that?

just always been curious

Biz