No customer service at Luckymodel!

:) What a show this outfit is! They actually have a business? Can't complain about the service because there isn't any!!

I placed an order and they haven't even sent it after almost a month. No contact or updates from this place.

Obviously I made an effort to find out what is going on.

I have sent a few emails to enquire with no answer(maybe they will claim they didn't get them). I posted an request on line and they don't bother answering. Phone calls are cheap so I tried calling a few times and they don't answer the phone.

Now I'm cheesed off. :blink:

I guess a complaint with the credit card company will light a fire under their derriere.

Our North American and European Hobby suppliers easily surpass these guys when it comes to customer service.

Later

Andy

Edited by Andy

PM RAYMOND CHUNG your problem. He'll sort it out in next to no time!

Did you order something that was "in-stock" (usually shipped fast) or that was listed as "available" (meaning not in stock at LM, but likely to be still available from the manufacturer)?

Even though you don't want to hear it, I've had nothing but good service from LuckyModel, especially regarding the customer service.

and I echo the sentiments of Moritz.

I have had very pleasant dealings with Raymond and his band of merry men (and women).

A couple months ago I had a small issue, contacted them and Raymond bent over backwards to get it fixed

Truly a classy guy and a great dealer.

hi got to agree with the other guys, I've had no problems at all with luckymodel great service & communication from them for the past 18 months +. look to see if what you ordered is listed as in stock or available, if its the latter then it means they are waiting for them to come in.

Andy.

BTW......got 4 fujimi wessex & 2 F4's + tamiya's new viper on backorder, no worries.

Thanks for the input guys,

My beef is no communication.

I had ordered a Tamiya F-4EJ. It indicated available from supplier within 7-10 days. I was patient and waited almost a month. I did make every effort to communicate with them as to the availability because I did have an opportunity to purchase one elsewhere. They chose to not reply. That is lousy customer service as far as I am concerned.

They finally replied after I fired off Emails in BOLD letters to cancel my order and showing my displeasure with their service. Only then did they come clean and tell me they were unable to fill the order.

All it would have taken is communication!! :cheers:

Andy

Thanks for the input guys,

My beef is no communication.

I had ordered a Tamiya F-4EJ. It indicated available from supplier within 7-10 days. I was patient and waited almost a month. I did make every effort to communicate with them as to the availability because I did have an opportunity to purchase one elsewhere. They chose to not reply. That is lousy customer service as far as I am concerned.

They finally replied after I fired off Emails in BOLD letters to cancel my order and showing my displeasure with their service. Only then did they come clean and tell me they were unable to fill the order.

All it would have taken is communication!! :monkeydance:

Andy

Dear Andy,

Sorry to let you down on your first purchase with us. In fact, it is our mistake that I cannot reply to your request applied on 22th March on time (a week delay). We have been waiting our supplier re-confirm the shipment schedule. Originally our supplier advise us the TAMIYA will arrive us on 18th March (including the TA 61101), but we have been chasing with them for the shipment. (the latest update are 10th April). therefore, we are just trying to fill the order as much as we can.

Also, we checked out email log that we have replied to you on 3rd March on the address update. But we cannot locate the message that you raise about the item status (for possible cancel of the item).

For the phone call, we have 12 hours time zone difference so we are not able to take your phone call unless pre-arrange schedule.

At last, I am sorry for the trouble caused and I am hurry up to finish the system enhancement to notify the status and let customer decision on next step (cancel/exchange).

the new system will implement an "Express Mode" order pipeline, in which each order should not state in progress status for more than 24 hrs (except on weekend/holiday). - something similar to SprueBorther doing now. Those are only ready for "in stock" items. For other restocking required items, a default 72 hrs queuing time will be set to allow local restock from supplier in HK. If the limit reach, the system will send notification to customer whether wait, cancel or exchange with another item.

The new backorder system will also have a new "queuing time" set by customer at their preference (for each item/line). thus, they can select whether they can wait till the item arrival or just wait till certian period and cancel the item.

We will try to match the releasing time by end April with incorporation of new server(s) (require a lot of different processor to evaluate the stock status) and a new higher band-width facilities.

Good news guys,

This issue has been fairly resolved as far as I am concerned.

I actually just had a phone call from Raymond to straighten things out. I found him to the most courteous and polite fellow. He admitted a couple of short comings which they are addressing now.

I will be placing future orders with Luckymodel. :coolio:

Andy

Yes, I placed an order with LM like 2 weeks ago, and they promptly shipped it. Even WITH paints in the package! And I'm pretty sure that Customs didn't tax it (or AFAIK). Either way, great packaging, great shipping rates..I mean, free shipping for resin!

Awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm still waiting since February for part of my order and no replies to my latest emails. Think I'll just let the credit card company deal with them.

Dear Big Kohona,

Our warehouse was out of power last night (schedule electrical checking), we just back on-line, could you drop me the message or email to me directly at raymond@luckymodel.com ? Or the safe place is to put on "My Request".

Thanks Raymond. I received your email and replied.

All things considered, I do have to give Raymond some real credit here. I have never had a business owner jump on and take action like this. I am impressed.

I have already emailed Raymond back and am willing to wait a little longer as I do want this particular item.

Thanks Raymond, I appreciate you handling this so quickly.

Thanks Raymond. I received your email and replied.

All things considered, I do have to give Raymond some real credit here. I have never had a business owner jump on and take action like this. I am impressed.

I have already emailed Raymond back and am willing to wait a little longer as I do want this particular item.

Thanks Raymond, I appreciate you handling this so quickly.

Thanks for understanding, we do have a problem on certain brand (Voager, LionRoar) supply issue during Jan-Mar. We have recovered from the supply issue and even better than before.

• 3 months later...

I must say that I can echo ALL of the praises that have been mentioned here... Raymond and crew are top notch! If there is a delay in communication.. There is most likely a "Beyond Control" situation!! Thanks Raymond for your service!!

Dave