United States Bicentennial Birds

Here is arguably the most colorful US bicentennial scheme ever done by a unit of the US military in 1976. An F-106A, s/n 58-0760 of the 159th FIS, 125th Fighter Interceptor Group, Florida ANG.

I know almost every US squadron whether USAF, USN, USMC (and possibly the US Army) did a scheme during the bicentennial of one of their aircraft. Usually it had '76' somewhere in the tail number sequence.

Let's see those pics if you have them!!!

Mark

58-0760.jpg

This one's not military but, WOW!!

http://aerofiles.com/doug-dc850.jpg

Mark

Edit - Another one on this page from Braniff Airlines. Alexander "Sandy" Calder. AMAZING! It has his bicentennial 727 down the page but the rest are pretty awesome too.

http://www.braniffpages.com/calder/calder.html

Edited by Mark O. Williams
Here is arguably the most colorful US bicentennial scheme ever done by a unit of the US military in 1976. An F-106A, s/n 58-0760 of the 159th FIS, 125th Fighter Interceptor Group, Florida ANG.

I know almost every US squadron whether USAF, USN, USMC (and possibly the US Army) did a scheme during the bicentennial of one of their aircraft. Usually it had '76' somewhere in the tail number sequence.

Mark

58-0760.jpg

That F-106 is one of the prettiest things ive ever seen....what a perfect plane.

Somewhere out there in Internet Land there is a photo of Texas ANG 111th FIS Voodoos with a small banner flanking the William Tell Markings on their fuselages.

And here it is, thanks to Voodoos4Ever

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....p;#entry1371669

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • 2 years later...

Mark

58-0760.jpg

Okay, not a picture of the real plane, but I've always been partial to this Bicentennial bird (VF-124):

124-8.jpg

Mark,

GORGEOUS scheme..LOVE IT !!! :cheers: :D

Jay, that is a SUPERB build ....NICE !!! :woo: hoo :woo: hoo

HOLMES :D