Hi everyone,

I was wondering if the Aires aftermaket sets can also be used on Tamiyas F-16 kits. Has anyone ever tried their cockpit set (comes with the WAR-HUD) on the F-16 CJ kit? Also I would like to use their exhaust pipe on the block 32/25 kit if that fits. So if anyone has any experience with these combinations please let me know.

Daniel

You make them fit! Har har har!

No but seriously I doubt there should be any bigger issues with making them fit to any kit.....it´s all down to sanding and filling as usual.

I have transfered many Aires resin sets to kits that they weren't ment for, at least manufacturer wise, and there might be need for some creative thinking at times but have no worries it´ll work out fine <_<

Mmm...exhaust, fumes.....drool

Well I don´t thing there would be any problems there either, if there´s any difference in diameter or such, that´s easily fixed as well....with eralier mentioned methods...sanding and/or filling <_<

I´d think that both Gawa and Tamiya has got the right meassurments of the exhaust, anything else would be beneath them.....and that goes for Aires as well.

Quality, quality and oh yes quality!

(sounds like I´m trying to sell something doesn´t it)

Good luck anyhow!

I was wondering what the difference is between the aires pit made for the hasegawa kit and the one made for Tamiya? I got about half way through fitting the hasegawa to the tamiya kit when I realized I was running out of plastic to thin...and quick.

I was wondering what the difference is between the aires pit made for the hasegawa kit and the one made for Tamiya? I got about half way through fitting the hasegawa to the tamiya kit when I realized I was running out of plastic to thin...and quick.

So that means the Hasegawa pit cannot be fitted into the Tamiya kit? I was also wondering what the difference between those two pits would be. Any F-16 - Experts know more about this?

Does it even matter? Isn't the newest cockpit that's out (4364) made for the Tamiya kit? Why wouldn't you just go for that cockpit? As for the Pratt 'burners - haven't test fitted any of mine yet - but have noticed that they've done engines to match kits before - and that when you move them from kit to kit, they sometimes don't translate. A good example is their 1/32 J-79 cans for the F-4 - most will tell you that they are underscale in diameter.

Of course, this leads me back to my campaign to have Aires make GE F110 cans - which they have here-to-fore ignored. e-mail info@aires.cz to make the suggestion. Perhaps we can start a petition here. Aires does nice stuff, and it can always be MADE to fit (with the exception of the F-18E/F wheel wells), it takes work, but it's almost always worth it. Sometimes they lose track of obvious releases, so we need to keep their feet to the fire on those!

Paul

Isn't the newest cockpit that's out (4364) made for the Tamiya kit? Why wouldn't you just go for that cockpit?

Because I had the hasegawa version in hand, and both pits look to be similar if not the same. If they are truely different, then I will order the Tamiya version. If not, then I'll continue to try and fit the one I've got.

I don't have the older version, so I have no way to compare - sometimes Aires does that, but pay attention to dimensions as the detail may look the same, but the structure may be different.

I don't have the older version, so I have no way to compare - sometimes Aires does that, but pay attention to dimensions as the detail may look the same, but the structure may be different.

I'll have to order one to see. I'm guessing that's the case. When I look at the pit, there's really no scrap to remove, and it's clearly too wide and tall to fit the tamiya kit. I compared the black box pit to the tamiya stock pit, and all those parts (BB) are clearly wider as well.

The Tamiya sized Aires pit is lebelled a Block 25/32 cockpit, so I was wondering: is there any difference between a Block 32 and let´s say a Block 30 or Block 50 Cockpit? Because if there isn´t I guess I would simply use the new cockpit set on the Tamiya kit an not take any chances.