E-2 Hawkeye cockpit and wings

Hello guys,after a long time waiting for the Goffy Models E-2/C-2 resin cockpit and wings in folded possition,I´ve heard that they´re already available in some stores!!.If someone has them,some information about those products is really welcome!! :doh:

Hawkeyes and Greyhounds,a couple of veterans that have won the war against the Time,Long Life for them!!! :salute:

1427070286_7f6cec5400.jpg

Regards.

I.Martin :D

Have both sets.

While the cockpit set is OK, the wingfold is a must get. Simply gorgeous.

However I would love to see Dr. Pepper or Wolfpack or Zacto to do a update for the Fujimi kit for a proper Hawkeye 2000.

I heard that Fujimi released the kit but it is far from accurate and misses a lot of the typical 2000 characteristics (like the big cone on top of the dish)

best regards

Till

http://www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php?id=3230

PS: look at this preview, it states that the manufacturer just incldued new propellers but did not fix anything that has to do with fuselage or wings. typical cost saving manner of mainstream producers.:-(( Now you have Hawkeye 2000 propellers fixed to a model that is more representative for a very early hawkeye like 20 years ago.

Edited by Nalar

Actually, the props have nothing to do with it being an HE2K. Totally separate program.

As I said in a previous post, the cockpit set is better than the kit's but looks like it's from an E-2A or B.

Spongebob

Guys-- I got both sets from Goffy and they are gorgeous. BTW, looking at the E-2C sprues on that website, its also apparent that Fujimi fixed the hideous treatment of the windscreen and "canopy". I see two large clear pieces from what used to be clear inserts and separate middle bar. With the wheel well detail and folded wings, the kit really will not be a bad build.

I have several of these kits from about 10 years ago or so, sounds like they've updated it some. When I look on Squadron's web site all they have listed is a version in French/Israeli markings. Is this the updated version?

Thanks, Steve.

I wish they would fix the shape of the nose. Does Goffy Models sell the wing folds on their site? I didn't see it listed, but I did see the cockpit.

No, Goffy don´t sell anything from their sortiment - only web shops...

I built one of the Fujimi E-2C's a couple year back.

It was the 'USS Independence' boxing, and it had the updated windscreen parts, and what appears to be updated props, landing gears (NLG & MLG) and wheels.

The new landing gear parts are very nicely done, and I guess it stops there.

In their VAW-115 'Liberty Bell' edition with Cartograf decals, there was a further minor update which included just the GPS dome on he rotodome.

It's the 'bowler hat' shaped GPS dome and not the latest version, though. This has been carried on to the NP2000 release.

These sets you are talking about - the masters was made by one of my friends - he did it during progress of his own Hawkeye build. There are some pics, various quality :popcorn:

wing set masters:

P1010474.jpg

P1010475.jpg

P1010478.jpg

P1010479.jpg

P1010480.jpg

P1010481.jpg

Those masters are gone - it was made for Goffy models, but distribution is done by internet shops: http://goffymodel.czweb.org/stranky/prodejci.html

Resin center part of the wing:

IM000145.jpg

Wheel bay...

motor205.jpg

Repaired engine intake...

motor203.jpg

Air condition heat exchanger (??)...

hawk2003.jpg

Plate holder...

koza201.jpg

Edited by PavelS

This is how it looks painted.Remember - that resin sets contains wing/wheel well/cockpit, other stuff (like engine etc) visible on these pics is made just for my friends own kit...

P1020611.jpg

P1020610.jpg

P1020608.jpg

P1020607.jpg

P1020605.jpg

I must say, I am a 1/48 guy, but I love this detailing work - Hawkeye with folded wings is not easy to build, but it´s an eye catcher!!

BTW, looking at the E-2C sprues on that website, its also apparent that Fujimi fixed the hideous treatment of the windscreen and "canopy".

That was updated a long time ago - ten years anyway, probably closer to fifteen (in fact, a quick check on RMS suggests it was fixed in 1993, so yeah, fifteen years ago). The split windscreen and decent landing gear were added at the same time.

How can you tell if your kit is pre- or post-improvements? I dunno. Obviously if it's got a late-90's or 2000's date on the box, it should be good, but if you're buying on-line, I have no idea. If you're buying from an e-tailer, it's probably safe to assume it's 'new'; if you're e-baying, ask them to check, I guess.

As for the Goffy sets, here's some product shots from Modelimex. They do sell it, but the biggest benefit is that they're like 1999.com - pics of the bits inside! :bandhead2:

Cockpit: http://www.modelimex.com/detail/accessorie...kpit-wheel-bays

Wings: http://www.modelimex.com/detail/accessorie...r-heller-fujimi

Oh, and Pavel, *awesome* stuff. I love seeing pics of masters - gives amazing insight into how it was done, and how to break complex assemblies down into simple bits of rod, strip and wire. Thanks a bunch.

Hello again guys!!.Thank you very much for your pesponses.

Have both sets.

While the cockpit set is OK, the wingfold is a must get. Simply gorgeous.

However I would love to see Dr. Pepper or Wolfpack or Zacto to do a update for the Fujimi kit for a proper Hawkeye 2000.

I heard that Fujimi released the kit but it is far from accurate and misses a lot of the typical 2000 characteristics (like the big cone on top of the dish)

best regards

Till

http://www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php?id=3230

PS: look at this preview, it states that the manufacturer just incldued new propellers but did not fix anything that has to do with fuselage or wings. typical cost saving manner of mainstream producers.:-(( Now you have Hawkeye 2000 propellers fixed to a model that is more representative for a very early hawkeye like 20 years ago.

Till,thank for yor description.I want to buy them asap but they have not arrived yet to my favourite online store,so I´ll have to wait.I´ve two Fujimi´s Hawkeyes,the A and C types and a resin that seems to be a C-2 Greyhound,so three of them will need the cockpit and wings!!.The 2000 type is not on my future planes,but who knows!!

Hey Pavel,thanks for the pics,the model is OUTSTANDING!!!.The pictures are a nice refference to upgrade the kit and the model is amazing!!.Onli one question,I can see that the panel line rivets are "hole" type,aren´t they?.If so,all the kit´s raised rivets must be erased and re-made like the resin ones.

So thanks again for your help!! :worship:

Regards.

I.Martin